My acne scars ruined my life, how can I just co-exist with them?

I have weird acne scars that have been spreading all over my face for the past 2 years; now they are at their worst! I am depressed because of them and because of tons of other issues, and I hold the mirror all the time to see how bad they look in different places and luminosity!! My life is hell, and I have to avoid hanging out, that's what I feel, because I expect men gonna reject me, though I am elegant and beautiful; I cry at night shedding warm tears on my pillow, wondering if this is my fate. A doctor has told me that they will go away with medication, Zinc or roaccutane (the latter I hate), but it seems zinc takes so much time. Another doctor said they won't go away, and I just hate going on using her acne treatment. I wish I can go directly to cosmetic medicine but my current salary does not allow me to start a treatment right now! In short, I am dying, I feel helpless and I became obsessed with my face that I avoid men's eyes and looks! So practically, my life is ruined, a lot! How can I survive this in the meantime??

Favorite Answer

If the 2nd doctor said that they'll never go away, why are you continuing her treatment? You could give the zinc a shot - who knows, it might work in time. Don't let the acne scars ruin your life! You deserve better! You deserve to live your life! Hold your head up high even with the acne scars. No one, with any brains, really pays attention to how strangers look. Those who do pay attention and make fun of the people or whatnot are just dumb and weak. They feel they have to put other people down to make themselves feel better and that's pitiful, IMHO. I get made fun of just because I'm Asian but I don't let it bother me too much anymore...screw those people. I have acne scars myself and still have acne breakouts and I'm 34 years old! I'd think I'd "grow out" of it by now, but no such luck. Still, I don't let it stop me even if I have a big zit. I don't even wear makeup to cover zits up because I was never interested in makeup.

Anyway, I guess you couldn't afford to but if it bothers you so much maybe you can speak to a psychotherapist. They can give you an objective view about yourself and help you see yourself the way you really are...beautiful. I see beauty in almost everyone, no matter what they look like on the outside. What really counts (even in a superficial society) is the inside...your personality and such. Outside beauty only lasts for a short time - you'll eventually lose it. If you work on the inside more, people will see that on the outside. You know how some people seem to glow on the outside even if they're not "beautiful" on the outside? That glow comes from within them.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

I have weird acne scars that have been spreading all over my face for the past 2 years; now they are at their worst! I am depressed because of them and because of tons of other issues, and I hold the mirror all the time to see how bad they look in different places and luminosity!! My life is hell,...

Source(s): acne scars ruined life exist them: https://tinyurl.im/kCjeB
  • Nedra

While it took little less than two months for me to really see a difference, my acne, blackheads and whole lot of other skin problems I had such as eczema had completely cleared! It was totally amazing...

Get Rid Of Acne Permanently?