Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicBlues · 1 decade ago

Whats the Best Brand of Harmonica for playing Blues?

Please and Thank you :)

Also if you could send me links of Blues Harmonicas under 25 dollars or so please send them to me!

Thank you! :)

• Left-T
    Best Answer

The best blues harmonica is the one used by msot musicians and that is HOHNER Blues Harp. Get the key of F, G, A, or Bb for blues. Also, the tone of the blues harp is really bluesy and that is one of the only harmonica where you can actually bend any note on it. It's one of its chief charactersitic. That nd the smooth bluesy sound.

Her eis a link on lessons as well

http://www.davegage.com/tips.html

http://www.zzounds.com/cat--Harmonicas--2777

Source(s): Berklee Teacher / Luthier & Studio Guitarist
  • Erma

Hohner 1896 Marine Band or Special 20 Marine Band. I prefer the Special 20 (plastic comb vs. wood comb and less leakage). Either will run you about 28 to 40 bucks. P.S. selling used harmonicas is illegal due to health laws. That's why you are never allowed to "try out" a harp like you can other instruments. The most you can due is blow through the reeds with a bellows.

Honer is a pretty popular brand. For Blues you usually want key of C, though it varies from song to song.

I know that the one I use was under 25, but I got it as a gift, not sure from where. Just search on google or amazon and you'll find something.

• !!!

I'm partial to Hohner Special 20's. Whatever diatonic you buy don't buy one with a wooden comb. Plastic combs are much better.

lee oskars are pretty good. theyre about 28. you're not really going to find a good blues harp for much cheaper than that though.