Can I take DayQuil while pregnant?

I am 12 weeks pregnant and have a cold, although I have been to scared to take anything, I had to take something this morning before work. On my list of medications it states it is safe to take DayQuil, just not NyQuil. Has anyone else ever taken DayQuil while pregnant? It says its safe but I still feel guilty about having to take it.

Favorite Answer

Here is a list of AAP (American Academy of Pediatrics) apporved medicines for pregnancy and nursing.

http://www.kellymom.com/health/meds/aap-approved-m...

Dayquil While Pregnant

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Can I take DayQuil while pregnant?

I am 12 weeks pregnant and have a cold, although I have been to scared to take anything, I had to take something this morning before work. On my list of medications it states it is safe to take DayQuil, just not NyQuil. Has anyone else ever taken DayQuil while pregnant? It says its safe but I still...

Source(s): dayquil pregnant: https://shortly.im/Rfm3Z

No, you can not take NyQuil even dayquil while you are pregnant as it can harm the baby. All you can safetly take is Tylenol. You can also use saline nasal spray as that is just salt water. Use a humidifier at home, breath in steam from a hot shower, put warm compresses on your sinuses- these can all help to loosen things up and give you some relief. Good luck!

No, naproxen sodium is not safe. Tylenol (acetaminophen) is the only pain reliever that is safe.

Condition

Safe Medications to Take During Pregnancy*

Allergy

Benadryl

Cold and Flu

Tylenol (acetaminophen) or Tylenol Cold

Warm salt/water gargle

Saline nasal drops or spray

Sudafed, Actifed, Dristan, Neosynephrine*

Robitussin DM, Trind-DM, Vicks Cough Syrup, Romilar, Halls*

*Do not take "SA" (sustained action) forms of these drugs or the "Multi-Symptom" forms of these drugs.

*Remember though that no medication is 100% safe during pregnancy.

Source(s): webmd.com

Infertility, like any disease, is simply a sign that something is not right inside the body and must be fixed. How to reverse infertility https://tr.im/Zh3J6

I have worked with a lot of women on this issue, and have seen very few health related problems that cause such pain and anxiety as wanting to have a child and not being able to. The good news is that all the women who I have worked with who have changed diet and lifestyle factors have eventually conceived.

• Meems

I wouldn't take it at 12 weeks, the baby is most susceptible to birth defects and miscarriage in the first trimester. Generally cold medicines have ingredients in them to relieve congestion and these ingredients can decrease blood flow to the placenta. I would call your doctor's office and ask what they recommend. As a rule of thumb I never take anything unless the condition is absolutely unbearable.

i was told not to take anything but tylonol for headaches and aches. i've sat through all my colds while pregnant. but hey, better safe than sorry right? sleep lots. drinking non caffinated tea or soem hot cocoa helps and a warm soak. LOTS of sleepa nd it should pass quickly.

Source(s): preg with 2nd baby.
  • pixie

That was on my list of medications but I choose to take the Tylenol brand. It is safer during pregnancy so I would go with that one.

Yes, Dayquil is fine, Nyquil is not. I was told this during my last pregnancy last year and did take Dayquil as I was very ill during the 1st trimester and even into the 2nd trimester. Dr approved it..and my baby was fine..he is now 20 months old.

Source(s): Mother of 2 with 1 on the way
  • I do not remember that being on my list of medications that I'm allowed to take, from my doctor. I would call and double check with your doctor because if it is unsafe then he may need to monitor you and if it is safe then you can stop worrying about it.