What is the meaning of cheating?

what is the meaning of cheating?

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Cheating in a relationship means that one of the couple isn't committed to the relationship and goes outside of the relationship to other men/women to get their needs met or serviced.

Here is the dictionary definition

–verb (used with object) 1. to defraud; swindle: He cheated her out of her inheritance.

2. to deceive; influence by fraud: He cheated us into believing him a hero.

3. to elude; deprive of something expected: He cheated the law by suicide.

–verb (used without object) 4. to practice fraud or deceit: She cheats without regrets.

5. to violate rules or regulations: He cheats at cards.

6. to take an examination or test in a dishonest way, as by improper access to answers.

7. Informal. to be sexually unfaithful (often fol. by on): Her husband knew she had been cheating all along. He cheated on his wife.

–noun 8. a person who acts dishonestly, deceives, or defrauds: He is a cheat and a liar.

9. a fraud; swindle; deception: The game was a cheat.

10. Law. the fraudulent obtaining of another's property by a pretense or trick.

11. an impostor: The man who passed as an earl was a cheat.

• 6 years ago

Cheating is when one person has a significant other and performs any type of intimate acts with another person.It can also be both physical and emotional. Its also doing something behind your partner's back. If you have a friendship with someone of the opposite sex that's cheating. Obviously, if you're having any intercourse with the opposite sex other than your spouse, that's cheating. Being in a relationship means being there for each through thick and thin no matter how hard or tough situations get... If you're not sharing with your partner on both levels, maybe you're not ready for a committed relationship. Be honest with yourself and your partner and you won't have to worry. Cheating isn't the answer and it wouldn't solve anything, it could hurt that person as much as it can hurt u. And if u ain't happy with your partner or spouse then just be honest and tell them.Maybe you can talk or work things out. Instead of doing things behind their back.

• 6 years ago

I actually just wrote a blog about this topic! Here's a piece of it..

"Cheating can be caused by lack of sex or pleasure in their relationship or being put through a stressful situation that causes them pain. If someone cheats on you it could mean they really never loved you in the same way that you love them. Finding out that you have been cheated on is a hard pill to swallow, especially when you can’t figure out why your significant other would do such a thing."

I also included a little motivation for how to overcome the situation!!

http://tinyurl.com/treybowhycheat

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

Cheating is the getting of reward for ability by dishonest means or finding an easy way out of an unpleasant situation.

Source(s): goo.gl/7L8xg2
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

If your asking about what cheating is, then whatever you did was cheating. I know this because you want to know if you cheated or not, meaning you probably know right from wrong.

• 5 years ago

Cheating is as cheating does, and cheating only hurts 😕.

• 5 years ago

Cheating can be anything

Anything from looking at someone lustfully to being sexual with someone else

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

you have eyes, feelings & urges for someone other than the one you are meant to be with - it all starts with unfaithful thoughts. Anything that is not for your partner is cheating.

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

I actually think cheating is ONLY when you sleep with someone else. I also don't think it's such a terrible thing sometimes (hear me out...). At times, men have to do this.

Theres a good article on this here: http://www.howtocheatonyourgirlfriend.com/cheat-in...

• 1 decade ago

Anything that you wouldnt want your other half doing behind your back!

If you would get upset if he held hands with a girl, then you cant hold hands with a boy and so on.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.