what is the full form of kdm and exact usage of it, are they still using it for jewelery or not ?
- Anonymous1 decade agoFavorite Answer
Gold Jewelry from some places is / was marked with a KDM stamp which means that the Jewelry was soldered with Cadmium. Cadmium called 'Kadium' in some places and marked KDM was traditionally used in soldering of gold jewelry for its good properties of liquidity and melting at lower temperatures, which is not the case any more as Cadmium is known to create toxic fumes when melted, which are very dangerous to health, over a period of time and may be harmful to humans, making the gold jewelry, some countries have banned the use of Cadmium from use, from workshops. Jewelers in many parts of the world now use gold solders, which are free from Cadmium. Please note that the wearer of the gold jewelry is not harmed, this issue only concerns the manufacturing process. Also note that using any type of gold solder either KDM (Cadmium) or other gold solder, to make the jewelry does not guarantee the purity of gold, as the purity is a representation of the percentage of gold in any metal.Source(s): http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_kdm_gold
- 1 decade ago
KDM may refer to:
* Korean Domestic Market, Korea's economic market system
* KDE Display Manager, a graphical login interface for Unix-like operating system
* Knowledge Discovery Metamodel, OMG specification for architecture-driven modernization
* Key Delivery Message, a security key for decompressing and decoding Digital Cinema Packages (DCPs) from digital cinema servers
- meanolmawLv 71 decade ago
kdm is outlawed..... there are good places suggested in the above link to read more....