Why am i so lonely in college?

it is my fourth month of freshman year in college, and i feel lonely always. heres the deal...in high school i was a cheerleader and i always had friends and a group to hang out with but since i got here i have no one. i have two roommates that are nice and friendly but we have NOTHING in common. at the begining of... show more it is my fourth month of freshman year in college, and i feel lonely always. heres the deal...in high school i was a cheerleader and i always had friends and a group to hang out with but since i got here i have no one. i have two roommates that are nice and friendly but we have NOTHING in common. at the begining of college i used to go to another school near by (because i plan on tranfering there next year) but i have gotten tired of the drive and decided to stay at my school more often. suddenly i feel like everyone made friends so fast and i am left out of everything. i have been to different parties and met a lot of people but it seems like it never goes any further than that. i talk to people in all of my classes and have study groups. so i have party friends and study friends but i dont have any friends that i feel comfotable enough to say "hey come get starbucks with me" ....am i just putting too much pressure on making friends? i also fear i could becoming socially awkward because it seems like the only time i meet people outside of class are when i am drunk at parties! AHH i need help!!
7 answers 7