Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 decade ago

Looking for fabulous fudge recipes!?!?

I'm wanting to give fudge for Christmas presents. Usually give cookies but this year I don't have the money for the ingredients.

At an old fashioned penny candy store the other day, I saw local fudge being sold in clear plastic containers probably 6X4 inches, they had the lids that snap on. I thought if I could find containers like that, which I believe I can get at a local cake decorating store... that would be a great alternative to cookies. The fudge is poured while still warm into the container... so no mess of trying to package pieces of fudge!

Anyway... what kinds should I make and does anyone have any super, creamy fudge recipes they could share?!? I would greatly appreciate it! Happy Holidays!

Update:

Ha-ha Eva your just so funny... what are you two OR do you have a serious drug problem? By the way those would be brownies, not fudge.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

CHOCOLATE FUDGE

Here we give two different recipes for fudge; use according to the ingredients you have on hand. Both are good! The variations at the bottom will work with either recipe for fudge.

See also: Prize Fudge - Cooking School

Fudge Number 1:

2 cups sugar

2 squares chocolate (2 oz.)

1/8 teaspoon salt

1 tablespoon corn syrup

2/3 cup milk

2 tablespoons butter

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Cook together the sugar, chocolate, salt, corn syrup, and milk until it forms a soft ball when a teaspoonful is put in a cup of cold water. On the candy thermometer this is 238°F. Stir gently to avoid scorching.

Just before removing it from the stove, add butter. Cool without stirring until the bottom of the dish is barely warm to the touch. On the candy thermometer this is 120°F.

Add vanilla and beat until the candy begins to lose its shiny look.

Pour into a well-greased pan about 6 by 10 inches. When firm, cut in squares.

Yield: 1 1/4 pounds.

Fudge Number 2:

2 squares (oz.) chocolate

2 tablespoons butter

2 cups sugar

3/4 cup milk

1/8 teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Melt chocolate and butter in a sauce pan, being careful that it does not burn (about three minutes). Add sugar, milk and salt and set on a warm part of the stove or over a low heat until sugar is dissolved (about 20 minutes), stirring occasionally. When sugar is dissolved and the mixture is smooth, bring slowly to boiling point without stirring. The longer the process, the smoother the fudge will be.

Boil gently for five minutes then remove from heat and test for the softball stage (238°F). When that stage is reached, set the candy pan in a pan of cold water until the bottom of the pan is cold (about five minutes).

Add flavoring or any other additions and beat until smooth and creamy (2 to 3 minutes). Pour into a greased pan about 9 inches square and set in a cool place. The fudge should be at least 3/4 inch thick. When nearly cold, mark into squares.

Makes about 1 1/4 pounds.

Variations:

- Use 2 1/2 sq. (oz.) chocolate.

- Instead of chocolate use 2/3 cup cocoa and add 2 tablespoons butter. Mix sugar, cocoa, salt, butter and milk. Continue as above.

- Cinnamon (1/2 teaspoon) brings out the chocolate flavor.

- Instead of milk and butter use cream.

- Use brown sugar instead of white.

Additions:

Material may be added to the fudge. Here are a few suggestions:

Candied fruits: 1/2 to 3/4, cup candied cherries and pineapple (cut) are especially good. Mixed fruits may be used, or part fruit and part nuts.

Coconut: 1/2 to 3/4 cup grated.

Coffee: (Mocha). Use very strong black coffee instead of milk.

Dates, Figs: 1/2 to 3/4 cup cut small.

Marshmallow: 1 cup, cut into quarters. Spread on greased pan before pouring in fudge. Or add to fudge just before beating, in which case they will melt into the fudge mixture and change its texture.

Nuts: 3/4 to 1 cup broken or chopped. English walnuts or pecans are used most often. A mixture of nuts is wonderful. Salted nuts may be used. Orange: 1 tablespoon freshly grated rind. Add nuts, coconut, or raisins, just before pouring the fudge into the pan to set.

Marshmallow Fudge:

To make Marshmallow Fudge, arrange 16 marshmallows (1/4 lb.) cut in halves in the greased pan, placing the cut sides up. Pour the beaten fudge over the marshmallows.

Submitted by: CM

Source(s): cooks.com
  • 1 decade ago

I make this fudge every Christmas. It's easy and delicious, but I'm not sure how economical it is.

Makes about 2 pounds

Foolproof Dark Chocolate Fudge

18 oz (510 gr) semi sweet chocolate (you can use choc chips, but I find bars are cheaper)

1 14 oz (397 gr) can of sweetened condensed milk (NOT evaporated milk)

dash salt

1/2 to 1 cup walnuts (optional)

1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract

In heavy saucepan,over low heat, melt chocolate with sweetened condensed milk and salt. Remove from heat; stir in nuts and vanilla. Spread in desired container. Chill 2 hours until firm

You can also make easy fudge using marshmallows (not easily available here in Italy). Check Google for a recipe.

Hope this helps.

Source(s): Old Cookbook from 1986 called Quick and easy Desserts
  • Joanne
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Yummy Fudge Frosting 1 can sweetened condensed milk 12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips Cook in the top of a double boiler over boiling water until melted and smooth Marshmallow Fudge Frosting 3 cups miniature marshmallows 4 tablespoons cocoa (unsweetened) 1 pound confectioners' sugar 1/2 cup butter, softened 1/4 cup milk Sprinkle top of hot cake with marshmallows. Bake at 350 degrees F for 7 to 9 minutes until lightly browned and partially melted. Combine cocoa, confectioners' sugar, butter and milk. Spread over mixture on warm cake, mixing it with marshmallows while spreading. White Fudge Frosting 1/2 cup butter 1 cup granulated sugar 1/3 cup evaporated milk 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 2 cups confectioners’ sugar Melt butter in saucepan. Add granulated sugar and milk. Stir until blended. Add vanilla extract, stirring occasionally. Bring to a boil; let cool. Add confectioners’ sugar gradually until of spreading consistency. Covers 2 layers.

• 1 decade ago

Add 1 ounce of weed to a box of Duncan Hines brownie mix if nothing else it will get the party rolling and put smiles on everyone's face .

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.