<<Mitcho>> asked in SportsMartial Arts · 1 decade ago

BJ Penn's future in MMA?

Who will be his next opponent? because Sanchez was supposedly the best that BJ faced, who else has a good chance at BJ? by the way, what are BJ's chances of moving up to a higher weight class permanently, in know he lost to GSP but that was only one fight???

Best Answer

BJ Penn has cleaned out the UFC lightweight division. The only lightweights in the world who he hasn't faced are Shinya Aoki and Eddie Alvarez. Aoki has been talking a lot of $h!t lately, so hopefully he'll man up, face Penn, and get his pretty little Japanese face bashed in. Alvarez knows he doesn't have a chance.

Outside of lightweight, there are 2 options for BJ Penn.

1) Move back up to welterweight and fight Georges St. Pierre again. Some fans say a motivated Penn could beat GSP, but others say that GSP has already beaten him twice, and BJ is just too small for welterweight. Dana White has said that the only way BJ gets a third shot at GSP is for him to clean out the lightweight division. With the exception of Gray Maynard and Frankie Edgar, BJ has done that.

2) Move down to featherweight and fight Jose Aldo. Aldo is the WEC champion at 145 pounds and has a combination of lightning-fast, deadly-accurate strikes and a BJJ black belt. This would be a significant weight cut for Penn, and not as many fans are aware of who Jose Aldo is. It is still, however, a possibility.

I would like to see BJ fight GSP under his new discipline at 170, or better yet at a catch weight of 165. I think that BJ is a better fighter than the last time he fought GSP and he did say that he would love to fight him again. As for fighters in 55, probably Gray Maynard, although BJ will whoop him like he has everyone else. There's nobody out there that can hurt him in 55.

No lightweight is going to beat BJ in my opinion. However, I don't think Penn will fight GSP again. GSP is just too big for BJ. Remember that BJ is not even a big LW. Diego looked bigger than Penn.

I don't believe there is anybody in the 155 division that can beat BJ at this point. I thought that Sanchez would have a shot at least. But BJ is an animal. I give props to Diego though. He withstood the first round where I thought Penn was going to finish him. Any other fighter at 155 would have been beat in that first round.

GSP and Matt HUghes homie... I hope BJ stays at 155 and never fights at any other weight class. And I'm starting to belive that winner of Maynard vs Diaz at UFN 20 is gonna get BJ next.

Dana White says the before BJ can move up to welterweight he first most clean out the lightweight division after defeating Diego Sanchez he is coming close to that

There isn't anybody in the lightweight division who is going to beat him, I really thought Diego would challenge him, but holy ****. Penn is on a complete higher level than every other lightweight fighter around. He will probably go up to welterweight again, and make a run for the title, and I think he can do it. I think now that he's actually training hard, and on a very high caliber strength and conditioning program. I think he can beat GSP he has all the tools to beat him.

that's certainly available, yet such as you mentioned, BJ will would desire to triumph over at some welterweights earlier they hand him a identify shot. i could say supply him Fitch and Koscheck. If he can beat them handily then he actual merits a third combat, if he won't be able to then he does not, undeniable and straightforward. i think of BJ has greater lots because of the fact the final combat and it does not be so lopsided the subsequent time around. i'm waiting for the GSP - Hardy combat and then whoever he fights after that (Hardy is okay, yet he's in over his head in this one)

I would like to see BJ and Jose Aldo now that they mention it, not that BJ would cut that kind of weight.