Adam asked in SportsGolf · 1 decade ago

Why is news media so obsessed with Tiger Woods?

Who the heck cares about Tiger and his personal life. This guy isn't a public elected official, he's just a sports player. Whether or not he cheated with dozen women doesn't change the fact that he is one of the greatest Golf players ever. If he is in a unhappy marriage or has the desire to be with many diff women is nobodys business.

News media should be covering Employment, Healthcare, Economy and issues that matter to the public. This gossip about tiger wood should remain with entertainment tonite which likes to butt into others pplz lives.

PErsonally I think Tiger should just divorce the money hungry ***** and just stay single for a while. She wanted him to cheat all along. It didnt even take a week for this ***** to turn around and ask for money to stay with him.

Favorite Answer

I agree that the news media should be covering more important issues like employment, health care, and the economy, but for some reason we are constantly hearing about celebrities and wanna-be famous people who go on these reality shows. It's time for tv networks to make a shift in what is being shown and said on tv because its getting out of hand. Wrong has become right, and right has become wrong. But back to Tiger, many men who are not famous cheat and yet they expected a man who is famous to not cheat? Oh please. And like you said, he is one of the greatest golf players ever, which is why the media is trying to bring him down, they're upset with all of his accomplishments. Tiger should have never got married in the first place. If I was him I would just enjoy my time chasing tail and when I was ready to become a dad, then I would find a surrogate mother.

• googie

Why is the media so obsessed with the Tiger Woods episode ? The man has been exalted ever since he was a teen ager. He was written up in every sports magazine , dominated the golf field since his arrival as a professional and he is good copy. The same media sent over 100 reporters to Alaska after John McCain announced Sarah Palin would be his vice presidential running mate. Were they trying to depict her achievements as governor or were they looking for dirt ? The media is represented by the " scum" of the earth who are not interested in the economy, employment, health care but only the first to break a story. Tiger Woods is that story. We are disappointed that he should have exposed homself to bad publicity. Hopefully, we will atone for his family as well as his public and naturally, for himself. He is too much of a talent, has done myriads of good through his foundation for many and without him the sport I love will be like tennis, almost a non- entity.

The media likes to prey on any information they can get for whoever. And since Tiger Woods is not the public type who will come out and just talk, its Big. Personally, I think he's an a**hole for what he did. Image is a big thing and its a bad figure for a child who looks up to him not only as a golf player but as a person. If he wanted to be with other girls he should of gotten a divorce, what he did was wrong and I think women are getting sick of it.

because he is the best golfer in the world. I think it is crazy that the media is making it such a big deal. Something else will happen soon anyways and it will all pass. Just think how Britney Spears was back then. Everything was about here and finally it passed. Now I hardly hear anything about her. So hopefully the same goes for Tiger or should I say Cheetah.

The easiest way to learn golf like a pro is by following "The Simple Golf Swing" program. It's primarily a 31 page eBook that teaches golfers how to make solid contact with the ball, how to avoid hitting fat, how to avoid slicing, how get more power, accuracy, and consistency in your swing. Consistency being the number 1 golf skill.

You not only get the eBook though, you also receive a ton of extra material including video, lessons on putting, driving, chipping, sand play etc. Here is their official site: http://www.golfswingguru.net

It's news because: 1) he's the world's top pro golfer 2) the circumstances are so weird! Was his wife really "rescuing" him with that golf club, or was she going to put a dent in his head?

TigerWoods.com Reports: No One at TMZ Has Had Sex in a Year

Because he cheated on his wife with three other women.. and he is not quitting gold he is taking a break he said. and I agree with you my grandpa love tiger but i dont even get golf!

• thelau

Because it sells to people who doesn't have a life of their own who pries into others to get excitement. Money talks.

Theres naked pics of him now and hes quitting golf