Looking for jobs in salem, oregon.?

Yeah, i've looked on craigslist, nothing but spam and fakes that want you to buy stuff instead of getting employed. I'm going to the unemployment office tomorrow, I hope they'll atleast get me an interview. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I submitted my resume to various places, yet all of the underqualified people get hired instead of me. So maybe I should lie and say i have no experience, then maybe i'll get hired ? I need advice seriously.

Favorite Answer

I'm underqualified (I have never had a job) yet I still can't even land an interview and I've applied for at least 20 places so far. I want to go to Salem now so I can get a job!

Source(s): I'm 16 :|

I guess that depends on the type of work you are looking for. But I have never turned in a resume. I have had just about any job I wanted to get, and I know it has a lot to do with attitude. Even with the economy as bad as it is, I know that I can walk out my door tomorrow and have a job before I got home 6 hours later.

Instead of sending in resumes walk in, ask to speak with the human resources person, and then do not ask that person if there are any positions available, the second you do that you just opened the door and let yourself out. Instead say "hi" and introduce yourself, then tell that person you noticed there were fewer cars in the employing parking area that there was a couple of weeks ago, and then tell that person you would be more than delighted to jump at an opportunity to work for that company, then you ask what positions are open at this time.

Using this approach has landed me in jobs i had no experience in nor had any idea what I was even doing. But I was the one working.

Also, if the person tells you there is no jobs openings now, tell them that you would like to show them how much of an asset you can be to that company by working for a week for free. This usually gets your feet in the door even if they do not have a job opening they are willing to tell you about.