How do I finish my novel?

I've been writing this novel for nearly three years and I'm on the last few chapters but I don't know how to finish it.

A high-school girl, Karly, moves out of her mom's condo in a US city to a new town with her dad. She falls in love with one of the guys at her new school but he already has a girlfriend. She goes to a party and gets sick but she believes it to be some kind of poisoning she got at the party. She learns it is Leukemia and that she only has a few days left to live. The guy she loves comes to say goodbye to her and she tells him that she loves him.

Of course there is a lot more to the story with her father and mother but I don't really want to get into details.

What I'm asking is if should she die in his arms that night at the hospital or find some way to be with him for a little while?

And yes, I would like her to eventually pass away.

Anyone with ideas, please comment.

Favorite Answer

I'm pretty sure you can't catch leukemia by getting poisoned, its a cancer of the blood, but i think you can catch it by stepping on a rusty nail or something, i'd research the causes if i was you or use something else because it wouldn't kill her in days, maybe weeks though.

It would be beautiful if she died in his arms because it would be like she was holding onto life until he came to her, but i think she should survive long enough for him to fall in love with her, or at least recognise her love for him, he could see her at the hospital over time and they would connect and develop their relationship, and then she can die at like the moment he says i love you or something special like that.

hope i helped

You could have him get angry kind of. Like, have him get mad and leave the room like a dick but not meaning to be one. Then have him later come back and apologize and just say he was mad cause she told him when shes about to pass away because he loved her as well and was too scared to say anything and not that he knows, it sucks cause he loved her too. go off that, trust me

Def. find some time to be w/ him :)