Why do people continue to support Israel?

Hello I am an Albanian-American Muslim and I do NOT support Israel. I think its horrible what they are doing. I mean do people see what they are doing to the innocent Palestinian civilians. I mean come on children are dying because of Israel. America gives Israel 11-14 million dollars a day. Believe me I do not... show more Hello I am an Albanian-American Muslim and I do NOT support Israel. I think its horrible what they are doing. I mean do people see what they are doing to the innocent Palestinian civilians. I mean come on children are dying because of Israel. America gives Israel 11-14 million dollars a day. Believe me I do not support the muslim extremist groups. I dont think that the muslim terroist groups are making anything better. But then again most western countries call Hezbollah a terroist organaztion (which I dont think it is). Here are some reasons why I think America supports Israel.

1) Jews have lot of power in America. Which is true. You look at hollywood and most(nearly all) of the movie studios there are owned by jews. And some people say if you a president wants to win an election he needs the jewish vote. That may be true.

2) America needs an ally in the middle east. Many countries in the Middle East do not like America. So America wants an ally there.

So why do so many people support Israel?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WaCJn4hdjc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPXpL-Nydx4&feature=related
Some links of some bad things Israel does.
Update: But people who support Israel have to look at what they are doing. Yes I support Palestine. I know what some of the terroists are doing there but come on Israel drove the muslims in Palestine to this. I mean a 5 year old child who is enjoying time on the beach with his family, then the beach gets bombed, and the... show more But people who support Israel have to look at what they are doing. Yes I support Palestine. I know what some of the terroists are doing there but come on Israel drove the muslims in Palestine to this. I mean a 5 year old child who is enjoying time on the beach with his family, then the beach gets bombed, and the boy looses his family. You think he will not be scarred for life? And yes the same thing can be said for the jews.

Oh and dave747 yes the jews might of been there from all those years ago BUT. The jews in europe that Britain put in there did not belong there. Just because your that relegion does not mean you belong there. Its like me saying since I am a albanian muslim I should go live in Iran because I am muslim. No it dont work like that.

USAFisnumber1 what do you mean muslims have not contributed to the world? When Europe was in the dark Ages the arabs in the middle east translated the greek tomes and learned many things from the greeks. And gav it all to Europe.