Question for true hardware geeks?

I'm very coursed in computer hardware, so impress me:) I run my OS and programs off of a SSD with a pci 750mb/s write and about 700 read. It runs amazing but I have an idea: Why not have 2 separate computer rams. For instance, 8gb of DDR3 1600mhz and another (maybe in pci port- gigabyte makes one) or on... show more I'm very coursed in computer hardware, so impress me:)
I run my OS and programs off of a SSD with a pci 750mb/s write and about 700 read. It runs amazing but I have an idea:

Why not have 2 separate computer rams.
For instance, 8gb of DDR3 1600mhz and another (maybe in pci port- gigabyte makes one) or on another part of the motherboard 32gb of DDR2 667mhz.
Instead of installing programs onto a HDD or SSD, install them directly into the slower 32gb? Along with the operating system. And of course because it would reset when the computer turned off, have the ram powered by a li-polymer mobo integrated battery like the one that powers the internal clock, which would hold a charge or like 10 days.
And when the user launches a program, it's operations and interface is loaded into the faster 8gb ram just like when it transfers from the HDD to RAM, but from the slow RAM to the fast ram when accessed.
Now, this is hypothetical, but is this possible?
I think it would improve computer operations like crazy.
What's your opinion?
I mean, you would never have to