Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 1 decade ago

After Iraq and Afghanistan, should we think about invading Hugo Chavez's Venezuela?

Venezuela has the largest Oil reserve in South America (Third World Continent), so invasion here after Iraq, would make sense.

Any opinions welcome, thankyou.

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Randy
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

You haven't been successful in Iraq and Afghanistan so what makes you think you can be successful in Venezuela?

• Why not? The beaches there are much better than Iraq, and definitely much better than Afghanistan. The troops could get in some sunbathing and body-surfing while the fight goes on.

I think you will find that there are already enough trade guarantees and diplomatic ties in place to make invasion of Venezuela unnecessary.

• 1 decade ago

No. The idea is not mainly oil. Israel has a lot to do with why USA invaded Iraq and Afghanistan. US foreign policy is designed and run by Israeli lobby. Americans are dying for the sake of Israel and not for the sake of America. I know it is unfortunate and not fair but that is the way it is.

Islam is becoming the target of western power because it is the only weapon muslims have now to fight the Israelis who invaded and occupied their lands..

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

i think of that Iraq had to do with a pair of issues. Saddamm Hussein (in all danger misspelled) became as quickly as an best pal, and the government observed we've been dropping administration. in spite of the certainty that his practices of genocide have been thoroughly unacceptable, i truly have self assurance a great style of the interest over there occurred because of oil reserves. With Afghanistan, the Taliban is a quite misshapen government. Sharia regulation isn't a quite existence whilst in comparison with how us human beings stay. basically think of all the Christian fundamentalists utilising their ideals to dictate our lives right here (it could be comparable). i think of our modern-day presence over there has plenty to do with contributors of Al Qaeda hiding out on the Afghanistan/Pakistan border. regrettably, i think of our modern-day involvement stems from the certainty that we've basically been over there so long, we will not back out now. The governments of the pronounced international locations are having worry taking care of their own issues because of all of our involvement. i'm no longer advocating any particular path of action, yet I do have self assurance that our prolonged involvement has fairly hampered those international locations from being waiting to handle their own subjects. The human rights violations that have exceeded off (on the two components of the conflict) are appalling.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Why, when the Colombians are itching to do it an then they could sell the oil to us like how we get 80% of our foreign oil from Canada. Columbia is fighting FARC which now has to hide in neighboring sympathetic countries such as Venezuela.

• 1 decade ago

Alaska has more oil than Venezuela and Saudi Arabia put together we don`t need it, We`ll tap our own soon enough.

• 1 decade ago

Yes lets attack the most popular democratically elected official in our hemosphere because he controls oil. That country obviously has no rights to their own natural resources.You guys are terrible

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yes but not because of oil. Chavez's regime is blatantly anti-American and is adamantly seeking to install governments that are also anti-American. As in the recent debacle in Honduras.

Source(s): Army Scout
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Sure! Let's cut taxes at the same time and when the economy crashes we can blame the liberals.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Let's eat them

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.