I need to give a talk for church. help?

For discrimination reasons i wont say what religion i am.

But for my talk i have to say how the standards have helped me in my life.

I have this so far. Its just seperate ideas that i will make into an actual talk.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The standards of the church have really helped me at school and how I choose my friends. It helps me keep my body healthy and clean because I stay away from drugs and things that would harm my body. I won’t get addicted to things and throw away my life because I have the strength to say no to people that try to get me into them. My friends already know that I wouldn’t do things like that so they don’t ask me to party with them. It helps me so that I don’t have any peer pressure to do things that I don’t want to do. People treat me differently than they do their other friends. They respect me for dressing modestly and using good language.

Everyone knows who the church kids are and they know our standards. They know that we don’t swear, drink or smoke, and that we are all friendly.

At lunch we all sit at the same table. My friend asked me why I sit with them and I told her that we are all really close like family so we just automatically want to sit with each other and she said that she thought it was cool we were all so close.

In my acting class we have to do scenes out of plays that my teacher prints off. Some of them have swearing in them or things that are inappropriate. But from the church I know that I am able to go up to him and say that I don’t want to do the scene he picked out because it doesn’t meet the standards of my religion.

The standards have helped me see that when I keep them I am a happier person.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am in high school so it would be those types of standards.

THANK YOU!!!

i need help because it has to be ALOT longer than this. and i have everything i could think of covered!

And to becky w. i need religion in my life. period.

without it i wouldnt know why i was here because evolution theories are wack (no offense so anyone) and i wouldnt think i had a purpose on this earth.

Favorite Answer

I'm an atheist and I have the same standards that you talk about, so perhaps your speech could be on how useless religion really is

Forget any comments from Becky. She believes in satan.

Just speak from your heart. Tell about what you believe. Tell the truth.

Continue to dress accordingly, and speak your words with respect.

Your 'acting class' scares me a bit. Scientology comes to mind.

But, if you profess your love for Jesus, the almighty Savior, you can't go wrong.

Continue to speak the love of Jesus and prove it to your listeners.

Instill upon them the idea that Jesus is the savior and anything else is blasphemy.

Jesus loves you,

V

Thumbs up really thumbs up

you don't seem to me to need help.