drivers license help? im almost 18?

ok so im 17 right now. i turn 18 in april. i do not have my permit or license yet, nor have i started. my goal right now is to obtain my license as soon as possible. whats the best plan? like if i start my permit now, what will happen when i turn 18 in 5 months? im kind of lost...any help?

like a map of like the fastest way to get a license haha. i want it sooo bad i am going to study so hard haha

well thanks for your help!

also, any website for driver test things would help too! thanks :D

Favorite Answer

I would suggest taking drivers ed if your school has it. get your permit now, then when you are 18 get your lisence. your permit will last you 6 mo. a parent or freind should be able to help you get the required amount of hours

• Joanne

Usually you just go to the DMV or DPS and schedule a day/time to take the written exam. Often, they will give you your state's study guide for free when you sign up for the exam. Take the test, and you will get a permit. Most states require a certain amount of time behind the wheel with another licensed driver. Once you have enough hours logged, you can take the practical exam, in which an official grades you while you drive. Once you pass that test, you get your license. Graduated license laws vary by state, so check into whether you are subject to those by asking the DMV or DPS employees or looking in the study guide booklet. Alternatively, you can go to a driving school which will prepare and administer all the exams for you, as well as provide practice behind the wheel that counts towards your hours on the learner's permit. This can be expensive, but worth it if you've never driven before. If you have been driving without a license for a while, just go the direct route.

hmm. it depends what state you live in i think. for me, i had to wait 6 months after i got my permit before i could get my license. and then when i got my license, it was provisional, so i had curfews and alcohol and cell phone restrictions. check the dmv website or something. oh and plus you prob have to take drivers ed somewhere

• dhc

permit > waiting til the correct amount of days from where you live til you can do the driving test > weee you can drive unrestricted! well i think that's how it is.