Should I get one of the older Sony Readers or the new touch screen one?

I would like to get an eReader and am looking at the Sony Reader. I am looking at all of them, but have a Sony specific question. Should I get one of the new ones that has a touch screen or one of the older ones? What is the difference between them? Is the older version just as good but just without the touch screen? Is the touch screen more of the type you have to press rather than touch? Thanks!

Favorite Answer

It all depends if the glare on the touchscreen bothers you or not. Some people hate it and others don't have a problem with it. The Touch is my primary ebook reader and I love it because the touchscreen is easy to use and I can write notes directly on the page.

It's not as sensitive as a cellphones touchscreen because it would always be turning pages if you barely touched it, but you don't have to press really hard or anything.

Some people prefer the 505 over the 600 because it has better contrast; that's it's main advantage, having darker text.

The 600 is much faster and is better for PDFs because it can zoom in and pan around the page. It also has a dictionary that I use all the time.

Here's my review of it, and a video demo.

http://www.the-ebook-reader.com/sony-prs-600.html

One last thing, the 505 is no longer made and can be really hard to find at a decent price. It actually sells for more than the 600 on Amazon right now. If you decide to buy it, I'd suggest calling around to all your local Walmarts, Targets, and other major chain stores to see if they have any left.