How to break up with 5 years boyfriend without breaking his heart ?

I have been with my boyfriend for 5 years and I have cheated on him several times and taken breaks throughout the relationship. I recently cheated again and have developed feelings for this new guy. I know that my boyfriend deserves someone better who will respect him and truly appreciate all the amazing things he... show more I have been with my boyfriend for 5 years and I have cheated on him several times and taken breaks throughout the relationship. I recently cheated again and have developed feelings for this new guy. I know that my boyfriend deserves someone better who will respect him and truly appreciate all the amazing things he has to offer. The question is, how do i break up with him? Do i say I cheated or that i no longer love him? He will continue to fight for me because he believes in our future together and has always tried to win me back during my previous break ups with him. What do i do?
Update: @Mariee
i did tell him about the times I cheated and he said he didn't care as long as at the end of the day I wanted to be with him and saw a future together