I'm looking for non-hypocritical people to answer this question with intelligent answers?

Why or why not, is music today worse than it used to be?

MQ: Why exactly should we have to *search* for better music, if it's better, won't it get put out there?

PS: I'm going neutral with this question, although most of you probably know my real opinion.

• Josh
    Favorite Answer

Its not worse than it used to be.

Morons that say "Classic Rock is the only rock" are full of ****.

Because they are too lazy to just do some searching or they are trying to impress people.

Well there are a few different things.

1.) Record companies will sign artists that will appeal to the public. Bands such as Fall Out Boy and Paramore are becoming more common because the kids eat it up. Why sign a folk band if you're not sure about the results when you can sign a pop punk band that'll sell hundreds of thousands of records?

2.) There's a lot less artistic freedom than there used to be. In the 60's you could have an epic 13 minute single (take "In a Gadda Da Vida" by Iron Butterfly for example) that would actually get radio play. Now all that it's about is what'll get on the radio and what'll appeal to the masses. There's less of a chance to express yourself as an artist when you sign a contract saying that a certain person will have rights to change what they want in the song just to make it more popular.

In a nutshell, music is worse because it's become something generic that's actually accepted by the public. If people like that boring Nickelback song, then why shouldn't more of that kind of thing be churned out? Music was much more exciting back "in the day".

Well, There is a Chapter in Peter about being treated badly by non-Christians. The verse is towards the end of the book Christians have chose to have their Spirit activated by Jesus Christ, they are now" Tri"-chotimous. Unbelievers are still dichotomous.Christians have body, soul, and spirit. Unbelievers have body and soul but an unactivated spirit. The unbelievers think that spiritual things are foolish. It is okay. The book of Peter speaks of suffering for Christ's sake. What is very interesting is I believe the people are alive now who will be the Trib. Saints. They will be GREAT believers. They need information. Even if they do not believe it now, they can look it up when they need it. Information on how to survive and thrive and yes even be happy during the Tribulation. I salute the unbelievers, the future Tribulation Saints Trust the 144,000 and Elijah and Moses. The beast with the fatal wound in the head is false. When the altar, the abomination of desolation, is raised in Israel, flee. This will happen 3 1/2 tears in Tribulation. Christians: use 1John1:9 at present and pray 2nd Chron7:14. Use your Freedom Save our Nation. Trib. Saints, the Doctrine of the Shield will be very important, as it is now. Duet 33:29 Psalm 33 10-022 Psalms3

Here's your answer:

Because there is too much laziness in the music industry. The reason why it sucks is because artists have found shortcuts to make large batches of cash, and everything they do revolves around making money. Now I'm not speaking for all bands when I say this, but for the majority that do it just for the attention, fame, and money. And that's mostly coming from the Pop and Rap sections, and some Metal. (The bad Metal, for that matter.) There are hardly any musicians left that do it for the improvement of music, and not just to put large wads of cash in they're pockets. And as these bands grow, you get stupid teenagers who find bands that are "popular" so they listen to it just because everyone else does. And then you have the radio stations who broadcast the bands who cough up the most cash, and they fail to broadcast anything worth listening to.

Now, I'm not saying all bands of today suck, but I'm just saying the music industry will get its ups, and it will for certain have its downs. Hopefully it will be better by next year. I also think the problem is, is that most bands have run out of ideas and they become lazy.

Music in general is in the shitter these days. It's all about hooks and choruses, especially in so called hip hop today. If you make something with a cool sounding or catchy chorus, people are going to focus on that and that only, they could care less about the rest of the song. It's also because of MTV and the radio stations playing music like this. Kids, like my 15 year old sister hear a song on MTV and automatically assume that it's good. Music today is all about making money, there are very few bands that actually put there heart and soul into making music because it's what they love. 95% make something easy with that catchy chorus to make money.

And to you people blaming it all on rap....you're clueless. You people think that the rap you hear is how the entire genre is. You're ignorant and shouldn't speak until you've listened to real hip hop. The second person was blaming rap because it's violent and it's all about killing. What the **** do you think movies like Scarface and even James Bond are about? Scarface came out before hip hop got violent. So again, shut your mouth you ignorant piece of ****.

Source(s): I listen to rock, and hip hop
  • I am not so sure that it is any better or any worse. I find that in general the message found in the lyrics are quite similar but the approach is just different. Take for example Green Day. It it obvious where they stand on the war ie) when September ends etc. Their lyrics focus more on the negativity of war while say for example John Lennon he focused more on the singing about peace. Also we now have rappers singing not about the wars of the world but the wars in their own backyards. Struggling to survive. All in all I think music is just our way of coping with the issues before us whether it be war, drugs infidelity, love, sadness, its timeless really.

music today is a hollow shell of what it once was. The reason why is quite simple. Stupid ***hole giant record companies take advantage of artists and by bribing them and getting them to turn their music into bland corporate "music" that is repeatedly played on MTV. People listening to this "music" are constantly given the message "yes,you like this music" now the "music" has become popular and people only listen to it to be "cool" when all they are, are mindless slaves to a giant, soulless, and evil corporation. Therefore, people pay to listen to something that is popular instead of talented. The end result of this industrialization is, with no motivation to make better music, artists don't make any good music.

This is my short answer, I could go on all day on this topic.

the only reason i can think of that would explain why today's music is considered 'worse' is because now music is only just about expressing emotions or ideas, but appealing to the masses, and making a profit. Don't get me wrong, there are still musicians and bands out there that do make music for reasons other than profit and increasing their fan base, but for the most part, I believe it's a money/popularity/15 minutes of fame deal.

but that's just my opinion. im curious to what others have to say.

Source(s): personal opinion.

Many reasons.

For one, the music is much too edited and fake than what you'd find in oh say, the 80's and 90's.

Second, the bands who make their songs aren't actually planning anything out and trying to just release as much albums and singles as possible.

Third, the music that is being played is simply too simple and most musicians simply aren't trying.

Finally, the quality of lyrics has severely deteriorated.

It is because in today's society everything is easy to access and there's so much technology and such that musicians are lazy about making meaningful songs and lyrics

also being a musician these days isn't for the joy, or the feeling of influencing people anymore, its about the money and fame.

i am not saying that all of today's music is bad, just the majority of it, the main stream music.

i love many of today's artist, but when i tell people who they are everyone is like "who?"

but i don't know

if people want to like this crap everyone calls music, well oh well

its not me

Musicians are out for a quick buck. There's no real dedication or commitment. There are too many fueled ego's and not enough true humility. Not enough musicians are willing to have the patience to compose masterpieces anymore. Peer pressure has succumbed to make people copycat other artists, disabling their creative abilities to be capable of thinking for themselves and marketing anything original.

Source(s): Media Observation.