Good book to study up on medical termonology?

I am in college and taking Anatomy and phsilology next semester. My teacher said that I need to study up on my medical termonlogy. I really dont know any medical termonlolgy ... so I was wondering if anyone knows of a good book or web site that i can study up on. Thanks in advance : )

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Search for Books:

The book store at your door!

Look Inside This Book

Quick Medical Terminology: A Self-teaching Guide( Series - Wiley Self Teaching Guides )(Paperback - 2002/11/05)

by Shirley Soltesz Steiner (Author)Write a ReviewList Price: Rs 980

Our Price: Rs. 804

Discount: Rs. 176

off

Imported Edition.

Order now and get it in 14-21 business days. See Details

All India - Free Shipping. See Details

Ships to India only.

Buy online using:

- Credit Card (VISA & MasterCard)

- Debit Card / Internet Banking / ATM Card

- Cheque, Demand Draft or Money Order. See Details

Publisher: John Wiley & Sons Inc

OR

Close Preview

Close Preview

Book: Quick Medical Terminology: A Self-teaching Guide( Series - Wiley Self Teaching Guides )

* Expand your working medical vocabulary

* Work at your own pace to master the latest terms and techniques

* Learn all the essential Greek and Latin building blocks

Learn at your own pace with the guidebook that has sold over 400,000 copies

What word is used to describe a fatty tumor? Why are qualifiers necessary in medical terminology? How does kinesialgia occur? What does "involution" mean? With Quick Medical Terminology: A Self-Teaching Guide, Fourth Edition, you'll discover the answers to these questions and many more.

Using a unique word-building system that begins with a review of Greek and Latin word roots, Shirley Steiner provides the tools necessary for building and sustaining a large working repertoire of medical terms. This new fourth edition helps readers understand the simple logic behind hundreds of seemingly incomprehensible words, featuring new review exercises and up-to-date examples. The step-by-step, clearly structured format of Quick Medical Terminology makes it fully accessible, providing an easily understood, comprehensive overview.

Like all Self-Teaching Guides, Quick Medical Terminology allows you to build gradually on what you have learned-at your own pace. Questions and self-tests reinforce the information in each chapter and allow you to skip ahead or focus on specific areas of concern. Packed with useful, up-to-date information, this clear, concise volume is a valuable learning tool and reference source for practitioners and students who need to expand, improve, or refresh their medical vocabularies.Purchase Similar Books

A Quick Reference To Medica...

by Juanita J. Davies...Rs 1569

Rs. 1459

Quick & Easy Medical Termin...

by Peggy C. Leonard ...Rs 2597

Rs. 2545

Medical Terminology

by Marjorie Canfield...Rs 3140

Rs. 2920

Veterinary Medical Terminology

by Dawn E. ChristensonRs 2845

Rs. 2703

Comprehensive Medical Termi...

by Betty Davis JonesRs 4171

Rs. 3796

Medical Terminology + Cd-ro...

by Marjorie Canfield...Rs 2256

Rs. 2098

Medical Terminology

by Barbara Janson CohenRs 1635

Rs. 1455

Medical Terminology

by Barbara Janson CohenRs 2300

Rs. 2047

Book Reviews of Quick Medical Terminology: A Self-teaching Guide( Series - Wiley Self Teaching Guides )

No Reviews Yet! Be the first one to review this book.

Write your own book review for Quick Medical Terminology: A Self-teaching Guide( Series - Wiley Self Teaching Guides ):Review Title:

Your Name:

Details of Book: Quick Medical Terminology: A Self-teaching Guide( Series - Wiley Self Teaching Guides )

Book: Quick Medical Terminology: A Self-teaching Guide( Series - Wiley Self Teaching Guides )

Author: Shirley Soltesz Steiner

ISBN: 0471233595

ISBN-13: 9780471233596, 978-0471233596

Binding: Paperback

Publishing Date: 2002/11/05

Publisher: John Wiley & Sons Inc

Number of Pages: 298

Language: English

Related Tags

teaching medical terminology quick medical terminology quickly medical terminology a self teaching guide quick medical terminology a self teaching guide teaching medical terminology latin quick medical terminology john wiley sons indian medical terminology medical terminology teaching aides medicail termonology medical terminology teaching

Or go online and type in medical termonology guidre, if you have internet access or go to the library.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

good book study medical termonology

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

Is this another backdoor attempt to justify the shadowy world of Taqleed and Ijazas? I agree with you on Fatwas though, nobody has the sanction to issue fatwas irrespective of the knowledge base, we can merely offer opinions, the facts of Islam are very well preserved in the words of God in the Quran :) confused: Never without verification, think and meditate, that is the overriding message of the Quran, Taqleed and Ijazas are against everything Islam stands for. Please update. Thanks confused: Thanks for the link, but with all due respect I am not interested in infomercials for Imams. If you are interested I can send you the "bloopers" equivalent of the four Sunni and the Shia Imams. Are we being asked to believe that human knowledge and understanding have not progressed an inch in the 1000 plus years since these matters were "settled forever” by people like you and me? In fact by equating the Quran and Hadith and if we let this line of thought run than why should we expect the Christians and Jews or for that matter any other sect within Islam or any other religion to give way to true Islam. They can very easily point to the wording of Quran, which confirms the message has been the same given to all previous messengers and all the messengers of God were equal. Their scholars can vouch for their part of the message and claim the matter was settled hundreds or even thousands of year prior to the advent of the Islamic scholarly works. End of argument. I hope it helps :)

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

All latest and updated medical books are available at Meripustak.com

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.