Should I go to University of Arkansas or Arkansas State University?

Hi I am a senior in High school and I was wondering which school is better. University of Ark. or Arkansas state university. I am really trying to decide since U of A deadline is in January. I have already been accepted to ASU but I am still thinking about U of A.

Best Answer

The previous poster apparently is basing their "answer" off of their opinions and not independent rankings or even up-to-date information. The two University systems are quite different, so that's a hard question to answer. The University of Arkansas is a top tier major research university that's often ranked in the top 100 nationwide, Arkansas State is none of those things. However, the UofA is also considerably larger (20,000 students or so) than ASU and it's quite a bit more expensive, so it just depends on what you're looking for. The UofA is nationally ranked in Business (24th), Architecture (20th), Engineering (top 70), Creative Writing (5th), Animal Science (4th) and has the best funded Honors College in the United States. ASU is known for very strong nursing programs and also has a very good agricultural education program.

You shouldn't limit your options to just those two schools though, the previous poster was correct about that. Look around, you may find schools you hadn't considered that you'll love. The rule of thumb should always be to attend where you feel comfortable and will be happy at on a day-to-day basis, not just where is ranked better.

Source(s): I work for a University

Why are you limiting yourself to those two schools? I don't know that Arkansas is known for it's state university system being highly regarded...