Anonymous

Why do Africans blames the Whites for being poor?

They always say its thier (whites) fault for being poor, but look at Africa theyre poor no ones holding them back haiti poorest in western hemisphere, jaimaica coming in Second.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Who does that! Not me! Stupid!!! dont base it on race! Ok! i am a surgeon! ( black and beautiful)

The only time i hear black people say that they are just joking! and it is hard for black people to get a job because of our race, but i am very successful! Have a Great Day!

• Stacy
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

I have the answer. When the say, british and dutch immigrants came to africa, they took the people's natural wealth. they also destroyed their land, raped their women, etc. Because of this, civil wars and rebels were created amongst the nations due to hate towards europeans. However, the whites thought they were the best, so they controlled the economy and were elite. When they left, the elite was gone and a nation full of rebels and widespread poverty were gone. terrorists and other bad people saw this as an opportunity to control nations. more civil wars. look at sudan for example. this is what happened. the people tend to blame the white man because they think they are the ones who got them where they are. Some things are their fault some aren't. I'm not being racist to whites or anything because i am white, but this really happened. hope my answer helped :)

• 1 decade ago

Because it was the white men that came in and destroyed the country why do you think there are so many corrupt people after diamonds in africa..Not everyone blames whites. Half of the time those poor countries have corrupt goverments jamaica is one because I should know since I am jamaican and haiti is another one as well.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Never have.

But the poverty you see in African Countries and in Latin American countries are due to Imperialism-- which was done by European governments. So White's, in a way, are to blame.--- At least the Governments of White nations.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Africa is full of natural resources, but outside companies, that are usually controlled by whites, come in and take advantage of the resources available. The people let them do it because they are starving and these people, while taking advantage of them, allow them to live to see another day.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Ever heard of European Imperialism?

• 1 decade ago

cause whites ruined their lives by invading their once peaceful country and forcing them into slavery.

have an okay day.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

YOU ******* KNOW WHY THEIR POOR? EVER READ HISTORY? ALMOST THE WHOLE ENTIRE EUROPE WENT THERE AND EXPLOITED THE CONTINENT SPAIN PORTUGAL ENGLAND YOU NAME IT THEY ALL WENT TO AFRICA AND IN SOME PARTS NOT LONG AGO WHITES WHERE THE ONES THAT CONTROLLED THE GOVERMENT

• 1 decade ago

The economic situation

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

africa was a lot peaceful and prosperous before europeans came in. it had over 100 kingdoms, and after they were colonized, almost all of them where destroyed

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.