Anonymous

How come David Letterman didn't get that much flack for his affair,but Tiger woods..is this racial ?

David Letterman didn't have to quit the show for his affair,but the media is jumping on Tiger Woods to the point that he has to quit golf for a while.Yes black people bet your shocked I'm defending Tiger this time.

Update:

no letterman is bigger he gets talked about more often than tiger

30 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Let's start with facts

Letterman was not married at the time of his affairs. He was dating the woman who is now is wife, but had not married her.

Woods was married and was cheating on his wife.

Tiger Woods, just like all of us, has failings. He has decided to take some time off from golf to focus on trying to improve himself and repair the damage to his relationship with his wife. He can take time from his career and will be able to come back to golf when he is ready.

Letterman can not just decide to take time off from his career, and stop hosting his show. If he did so, there is no guarantee that he would ever be able to come back and have another show. His leaving the show would mean that he has ended that portion of his career.

It has nothing to do with race. It has to do with the choices that each made, and the options available to each.

Source(s): 30 years in business Life experience
    • Login to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

No. Many on the far right looney tune fringe. Hate is in their DNA. They can't help themselves. I visit this site almost on a daily basis and on a daily basis there are racist overtones on this site. For anyone to say they haven't seen or heard about the racist slurs, racial jokes or see the racist avatars on this site are clearly in denial. I remember the Obama's food stamp, Obama's has purple lips, Obama's pancakes and President Obama looks like Curious George. Just look at some of racist avatars on this site mocking African American with their gorilla, monkey avatars. Sorry. No. That will never happen. I just saw an answer where a neocons said Michelle belongs on the National Geographic and his fellow cons gave this person a bunch of thumbs up. I don't understand how people can be so mean spirited and full of hate. Yes. There is crazy nut and racist on both side of the fence but I wasn't raise that way. No Palin has never defended the First Lady. She said she is worry about these joke about women but never defended the First Lady or demeaning remarks about African American women. Go on Youtube and see Palin and McCain rallies. Some neocons have posters of President Obama with big lips and big ears, Hitler or as a monkey. Many of the right say he's a terrorist and not American. This is unacceptable but you never heard Palin or McCain condemn these people and tell them this stuff is wrong. Palin just use this to get her name back in the spotlight because she want to run for president in 2012. <3

• 1 decade ago

I don't know if it's race really.

I think Tiger Woods deserves his privacy like the rest of us, letterman included.

Dave isn't as internationally known and beloved as Tiger Woods tho. Tiger has millions of dollars in endorsements and Letterman does not.

Also Dave fessed up and the whole thing was pretty *YAWN*. It was one not very attractive staffer and he wasn't married yet when he had the affair.

Tiger on the other hand has a beautiful wife who when she found his texts went nuts, her mom was rushed to the hospital a couple days after, he has gone into hiding and the not playing golf for awhile thing was self-imposed, and there are women coming out of the woodwork claiming to have affairs with Tiger.

It's more interesting for sure.

• 1 decade ago

No, not at all.

The reason it's a scandal is because his wife explosively attacked him, multiple women have come out of the wood work (almost no one came out when Letterman confessed. Therefore, less news coverage.) and because he's a tremendous, world wide known billionaire.

Tiger is taking a break to cut down on media access. He's rich enough to be able to afford this sort of thing and it's exactly what everyone does in this circumstance. David Letterman took a few weeks off after his affairs were marked and Kobe had to buy a million dollar diamond ring to shut people up.

The only reason race is an issue is because people keep making it one.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

I think people spend to much time on this situation. first yes it is a race thing because if he was white the MEDIA would have let it go and the men at the country club would have turned the other way about it.

plus ignoring the fact the woman almost killed him with the golf club in his car and they have Evidence why he crashed. Her *** would have been in jail for a day or so for reckless endangerment or assault or something they would have cooked up. If he didn't press charges the city or state would have .....but .......because....anyway.

It is not everyone but as far as the MEDIA and his COLLEGES ( now they have a reason they can say in public why they don't like him) yes thus the fried chicken to the lunch banquet remark.

I don't feel bad cause she not leaving the money especially when she signed prenuptial agreements and if she left he agreed to give her like $20 million after a decade of marriage, but that could be changing. A lawyer "familiar with the couple's negotiations" told the Web site that the agreement is being revised.

Among the changes the Web site claims are being made include a shortening of the agreement from the original decade to just seven years, and increasing its payout over time to more than $75 million.

she is staying for the money so she is not that hurt maybe kind of happy.....so no some should stop saying poor woman and let it go

if everyone had to give up their bread and butter for a cheating please a lot of people would be broke.

Their giving him a hard time in this industry for NO REASON. the bed is not your jobs affair.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Mr Woods received little if any requests to step away from golf, it was his decision. Many called for Letterman's resignation or firing. He refused, and CBS didn't feel pressured enough by it's sponsors to cave in. I don't see this as a matter of race, but rather a matter of personal decisions.

Tiger Woods became a celebrity golfer on the merits of being an outstanding black athlete in a typically white man's sport. Had he been an excellent white golfer, he wouldn't be the celebrity he is today and no one would care. That is the only source of racism in all of this. Who'd ever seen a golfer in a Nike commercial before Tiger?

"After much soul searching, I have decided to take an indefinite break from professional golf. I need to focus my attention on being a better husband, father, and person."

Source(s): Official Tiger Woods Website http://web.tigerwoods.com/news/article/20091211780...
  • 1 decade ago

Letterman immediately came clean about his affairs and was also the victim of an extortion attempt; Woods was quiet and secretive about his offenses and left the tabloids to speculate, thus leaving him open to increased criticism.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I think Tiger is looked upon as the all American clean cut boy. I believe it is a private family affair but seems he really screwed up and it's going to die hard in the media. We live in a society that is quick to point fingers at someone that screws up. We have a Senator like that Ensign he screamed loud and clear when Clinton got caught now that he's been caught it's a different story. Seems many people in this country are living double lives and chastising others for doing the same thing their doing. Bunch of hypocrites. Why are men never satisfied they have a lovely family, etc and have the need to screw it up. .

Source(s): an we go? You're right he killed a damn fly and PETA was all over him.
  • 1 decade ago

For one, Letterman was not married at the times he did his thing. Two, he does not have the squeaky clean image that Tiger does, It wasn't racial, it has to do with images. Hope this helps!!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I think the reason the Woods case is getting more attention is because it has turned into a bizarre soap opera featuring an individual who previously had a squeaky clean wholesome image, complete with domestic violence at the hands of a wife and a golf club, five new mistresses coming out of the woodwork everyday, and so on.

But of course this is not a pre-approved Yahoo Answers Culture and Groups answer, so I'll answer appropriately: Yeah, it be becuz dem white azz crackas be all raciss n shyt.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.