How can I make sure I will arrive at Frankfurt am Main airport with the train?

and not the Frankfurt-Hahn airport? I was already in Germany before with a train but I want to be sure this time cause I'm flying. what is the german word for airport?

Favorite Answer

Frankfurt Hahn airport which is not to be confused with Frankfurt airport has NO TRAIN CONNECTION

http://www.hahn-airport.de/

Frankfurt hahn airport there is NO train only a bus shuttle service.

The German word is for Airport Flughafen

don't worry, there's no way of confusing between them coz hahn doesnt have a train station and airport is called flughafen. but make sure u take a train that is scheduled to arrive to the airport long time before ur actual departure because the railway station does have some delays in winter

The German word for "airport" is "Flughafen" (say: 'flook-'huff-ayn), which is just almost a literal translation of "airport": "Flug" means "to fly", like: in the air, and "Hafen" means port. So if you ask for the "Flughafen", I'm sure you'll get there safely. (And up in the air and back again.)

Frankfurt Airport DOES have a train from the airport to the Frankfurt Hauptbahnhof. Just look at any map at the Hauptbahnhof. You basically take one train and its about 6-8 stops I believe from the Train station to the airport.

Airport = Flueghafen

Train = Bahn

Train Station = Hauptbahnhof

help me = hilfe mich, bitte!!!!!!!

haha.

good luck! Remember to look at the train map!

Source(s): Been there, done that last summer.
  • cat

airport = Flughafen

check the web for the train connections: www.bahn.de