How can I make sure I will arrive at Frankfurt am Main airport with the train?

and not the Frankfurt-Hahn airport? I was already in Germany before with a train but I want to be sure this time cause I'm flying. what is the german word for airport?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Frankfurt Hahn airport which is not to be confused with Frankfurt airport has NO TRAIN CONNECTION

http://www.hahn-airport.de/

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Frankfurt hahn airport there is NO train only a bus shuttle service.

The German word is for Airport Flughafen

• 1 decade ago

don't worry, there's no way of confusing between them coz hahn doesnt have a train station and airport is called flughafen. but make sure u take a train that is scheduled to arrive to the airport long time before ur actual departure because the railway station does have some delays in winter

• 1 decade ago

The German word for "airport" is "Flughafen" (say: 'flook-'huff-ayn), which is just almost a literal translation of "airport": "Flug" means "to fly", like: in the air, and "Hafen" means port. So if you ask for the "Flughafen", I'm sure you'll get there safely. (And up in the air and back again.)

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Frankfurt Airport DOES have a train from the airport to the Frankfurt Hauptbahnhof. Just look at any map at the Hauptbahnhof. You basically take one train and its about 6-8 stops I believe from the Train station to the airport.

Airport = Flueghafen

Train = Bahn

Train Station = Hauptbahnhof

help me = hilfe mich, bitte!!!!!!!

haha.

good luck! Remember to look at the train map!

Source(s): Been there, done that last summer.
  • cat
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

airport = Flughafen

check the web for the train connections: www.bahn.de

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.