Im a 17 yr old girl and a bit chubby, any tips?

I have big legs, big ass and a pregnant looking stomach(but I'm not)

I want to lose weight fast, I cant run I'm chronic asthmatic

I want to be able to wear a dress nicely as I don't look very good in one

Any help will be greatly appreciated =]

Im vegetarian and i do dance alot which i dont know if that will help

Im VEGETARIAN, i already said that

Favorite Answer

One way that you can lose weight, build LEAN muscle, and help your asthma, is yoga. Yoga is an aerobic workout that teaches you to slow your breathing even when you're working hard. It also incorporates flexibility training - which helps you build muscle, but avoid bulk.

Also, there are a few things that most people do wrong with their diet.

1. No soda! A single soda can contains an average of 40 grams of sugar. That's equal to 10 packets of sugar (single serve, like we use for coffee). Each packet of sugar is 15 calories... That's 150 calories per can. If you consume just one can a day, that's 54,750 calories a year. There are 3500 calories in a pound - so one can a day adds a little over 15 lbs. each year.

2. No milk! We are the only creatures in nature that drink milk past the age of baby. We are also the only creatures to drink of another animals milk - milk from cows. Milk that nature made specifically to bring a baby calf up to a full-grown cow in 4 months flat... That's a lot of weight gain.

"But how will I get my calcium, and Vitamin D?" Take a coral calcium supplement. And for Vitamin D - a little history for you. Back before there were child labor laws, kids in our country were leaving for work before the sun came up, and going home after the sun was already down. We soon began to see major health problems - reason being, these kids were getting no sun. 10 minutes in the sun each day (without sunscreen, so no more than 10-15 minutes, to avoid sun damage) is how our body naturally gets it's vitamin D. Since the kids weren't getting any sun, they started fortifying milk with the vitamin.

3. Rather than 3 meals a day, try eating 5 small meals a day. The total amount of food should equal what you would normally consume in 3 meals. But by breaking down how much food goes in each time, your body has a much easier time metabolizing the food you eat. Think of it like cleaning your room - it's so much easier to pick up a few things each day, than it is to only clean up once a week.

4. Drink lots of water. 8 glasses a day (or, an easier way is to consume a little more than 3 20oz. bottles). Water helps your body to flush out the fat that you break up during exercise.

5. Take a liquid B-vitamin supplement once daily. B12, specifically, is what your body uses for metabolic energy. This is one of the main ingredients in energy drinks - you'll get the benefit of these drinks, without all the unhealthy side effects. *note - don't get over-zealous about the metabolism thing, and take more than is recommended. You can wind up overdosing on B12, which can have negative effects on your long-term health.

If you combine the yoga with these simple diet changes, you should notice a very positive change. Also, yoga helps to regulate the production of Serotonin and Dopamine (the happy chemicals) in your brain. As these chemicals are produced, you will have increased metabolism, and a much more positive outlook in general. Having a positive outlook (not just telling yourself you need one, but actually being able to produce the chemicals you need to just FEEL that way) is a major step in the direction of looking and feeling better.

One final thought - as you are trying to slim down, throw away your scale. It's not about pounds, its about your body fat percentage. Muscle weighs more than fat, so when you're trying to "lose weight", often times you will find yourself bummed out, standing on a scale, and wondering why you've actually gained 5 lbs. So instead of putting yourself through that, let your wardrobe do the talking - get out your 3 favorite outfits, whether they fit right or not, and take pictures (1 from the front, 1 from the side, and 1 from the back) in each. Do this each week, and let these be your "scale". Make sure the lighting is the same - take the picture in the same place each week - and make sure that the distance from you to the camera is the same also. This will help prevent optical illusions that can lead to false information.

Hope this helps!

• Donna

Here's my only concern. She lied! This brings me to the question now of what else is she lying about? Is she really 17? Or is she younger still? What else could she be lying about? That's my only issue. I just turned 18. My boyfriend and I have been together for a few months, he's 22, almost 23, I was honest with him from the start. I've always dated older men, like 21, 22, when I was like 16, 17ish and I was always honest about my age. She needs to understand that this is your life and you need to worry about yourself, whether she consents to sex or not, (idk where you live, but in NY this is the law) she's 17, you're over 20, you can be charged with statutory rape if you get caught, which will not only give you a prison sentence, but you will for the rest of your life have to register as a sex offender wherever you live, you'll have certain jobs you won't be able to get, for example working in a school, if she cares about you at all she'll understand that. I'd say the risks are way too high and you should wait until she turns 18. She's already lied once. Just keep that in mind, and whatever you decide to do, good luck.

The thing about dieting is that it starves you from the foods you really want and when the diet is over one ends up binging on those foods. Try to avoid foods that you know are extra bad for you, not just going on an all veggie diet. Also, since you can't run because of your health maybe long walks would work better. Not sure if that would be out of the question because of your asthma but going for regular long strolls outside can work wonders. Anything that makes you sweat or move around is good exercise, even cleaning around the house!

Source(s): Worked at a gym for a year.

just a simple change in lifestyle will do =)

no1: eat healthy so no junk food (just a tiny bit now and then as reward)

no2: become more active around the house since you can't exercise as much e.g. walking to skool or work, washing the dishes, cleaning the house (ull get on ur mums good books too)

no.3. keep this up for some time, changes dont occur over night but if u adopt an active and healthy lifestyle, itll do wonders to ya and get u in that nice dress, good luck!

DIET is the best way to lose some weights. you must be focused and conscious to your diet if you really want to wear a dream dress that you want. instead of meat you could have a substitutions like veggies and fruit. Don't eat too much even though your mouth wants to. Self-control also plays a significant role for losing weights.

Its never easy to lose weight.

But here is how i lost some:

Exercise for one hour or more it doesn't have to be running can be just walking.

You can try ab and thigh exercises/stretches for 5-10 minutes.

eat 2 fruits and 5 veges a day.

google search healthy recipes for lunch and dinner and have healthy cereal or toast for break fest.

Join a nearby Gym and take 2 or 3 classes a week.

Avoid the confectionery aisle.

and occasionaly have red meat for protain dont just go on a all vegie diet.

Samee i have big leggs and a big ass to! haha

TRY Lunges, sqauts, and situps!

Eat less carbs and MORE protein in every meal (eggs,meat,fish)

go for walking do swimming! even light weight can help.

so good luck i know its hard and it wont be easy but you can do it if you try!