how to make an authentic Spanish dinner?

i have a spanish project and i need to make a full on Spanish dinner for my family with dessert and everything. The whole shibang.

Can someone give me recipes for appetizers (maybe), dinner dishes, and definitely desserts.

And if there are any, traditional drinks

non-alcoholic

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

Appetizer: Chips and salsa

Main dish:

Arroz Con Pollo

1 tsp. vegetable oil

6 small chicken thighs, skin and fat removed (1 1/2 lb.)

Ground black pepper

Salt

1 medium onion, finely chopped

1 medium green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces

1 lemon

1 1/2 cups long grain white rice

1 garlic clove, minced

1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper

14 1/2 oz. chicken broth

1 1/4 cups water

10 oz. peas

In a nonstick 12" skillet, warm oil over med heat until hot. Add chicken and sprinkle with black pepper and salt. Add onion and green pepper to skillet. Saute, turning chicken once and stirring vegetable mixture occasionally, until chicken is browned and vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes. Meanwhile use a vegetable peeler to remove a 3" strip of peel from the lemon. Stir lemon peel, rice, garlic, cayenne, broth, water and salt into mixture in skillet and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 20 minute. Stir in peas; cover and cook 5 minute Remove skillet from heat. Spoon into a serving dish and garnish with lemon wedges

* serve with warm flour tortillias

Dessert:

Authentic Flan

1/2 cup sugar

1 cup milk

3 large egg yolks

1 tsp. vanilla extract

14 oz. sweetened condensed milk

3 large eggs

1/2 tsp. almond extract

In a small saucepan melt sugar over moderate heat, stirring frequently, until sugar is a dark, caramel-colored liquid. Remove from heat and pour into 8 individual molds. Quickly turn mold to coat bottom and sides with the caramel. Let cool so caramel hardens. Heat oven to 325 degrees. Put the condensed milk, milk, eggs, egg yolks and flavorings into an electric blender. Cover and blend to mix well. Pour mixture into mold; put mold in a larger pan filled with water to depth of ½ inch. Bake for 1 hour. Remove from oven and remove mold from water. Cool and then refrigerate up to 2 days. Cover mold with an inverted serving platter. Hold mold and platter together and turn them over. Lift off mold. Caramel will fall as a liquid sauce over the custard.

Drink:

Horchata

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

A nice easy main dish is paella. I like Rachael Ray's recipe which is funny because I usually don't like her stuff.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/rachael-ray/per...

An easy appetizer is sliced serrano ham, roasted red peppers, and olives.

For dessert you should make flan. An egg custard.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/vanilla-caramel...

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

taco rice beans

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.