promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationOther - Cars & Transportation · 1 decade ago

What does professional cab service mean?

"This taxi company provides professional taxi and shuttle service"-

This is a quote from a website about the transportation in a town I'm thinking of moving too and I would need to be dependent public transportation due to inability to drive and multiple disabilities that I'm trying to get SSI for. I didn't know whether professional meant something special or if it meant it could used by anyone. The town also has a transit and possible paratransit system but their hours of running are a bit off and not completely accessible.

Update:

Well, given how small the town is, they would most likely be my only choice.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Professional is simply an advertising term meant to imply that they are neat, courteous, prompt, and careful. There is no test or certification or guarantee that they are any of those things. There are plenty of discourteous slobs who can't drive working for "professional" cab services.

All you can do is give them a try and if you don't like them try another company.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • ken k
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

professional is the guy gets paid for driving the cab/all these place hype their services/ie Prompt delivery/number 1 in service/highest standards/etc

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.