Are tinted windows legalized yet in Chicago, Illinois? Can you contest a ticket about it?

So I just found out Chicago had jacked up the violation fee for tinted windows to $250 from $25 since January 2009 as my mother just received one for the first time on a cloudy, snowy morning (12/9) while her car was parked in front of her house. She brought this car 4 years ago from a private seller that moved... show more So I just found out Chicago had jacked up the violation fee for tinted windows to $250 from $25 since January 2009 as my mother just received one for the first time on a cloudy, snowy morning (12/9) while her car was parked in front of her house. She brought this car 4 years ago from a private seller that moved from New York with factory tint on all side windows and the rear window. I don't know the % of tint but it is definitely not limo tint or a smoke tinit but you could definitely see through the windows.

The house bill for tinted window for IL (HB3325) was rumored to have passed on 10/30/09 but has it become a law yet?

I am planning to contest the ticket in person with my mother. Are there any disadvantage to contesting a ticket such as increase fine, court fee, or additional charges?

The person who wrote the ticket took pictures of my mom's SUV which was fuzzy and show a darker tint because it was cloudy that morning. Will taking pictures of the windows on a sunnier day help with the case?

My mother has chronic dry eyes (but was not really treated for it because she has no insurance) and we never thought of removing the tint because it helps with her condition. If I bring her to the doctor now and get a doctor statement will it helps with her case?

Thanks so much! Please help my mother is currently layoff and we can't afford the ticket!