Ronan asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 1 decade ago

Turkey Versus Israel?

Who would win,conventional weapons...

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Israel. Although, Turkey does have numerical advantages over Israel. The Israelis are better trained, better equipped., have far superior G2 (intelligence), and the Israelis are braver warriors.

Most Muslim soldiers surrender at the drop of a hat or the first sign of danger.

Moreover, the Israeli soldiers have a real reason to fight and risk getting killed. The Turks or any Muslim soldier, for that matter, is wondering why they are there in the first place.

Anyway, Turkey doesn't want to tangle with Israel.

• 1 decade ago

Barring Nukes, if it was just Turkey V. Israel, it'd be Israel, who already has a history of being a hard nut to crack. Look at the six day war. I'll make it easy and post the Wiki description here:

"The Six-Day War of June 5-10, 1967 was a war between the Israeli army and the armies of the neighboring states of Egypt, Jordan, and Syria. The Arab states of Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Tunisia, Morocco and Algeria also contributed troops and arms. At the war's end, Israel had gained control of the Sinai Peninsula, the Gaza Strip, the West Bank, East Jerusalem, and the Golan Heights. The results of the war affect the geopolitics of the region to this day."

That's Israel against three entire states, with the added might of 6 more against them, and they not only won but gained ground.

Now, even if Pakistan and Iran were to ally with Turkey, keeping your condition of conventional weaponry, they would still, historically speaking, lose to Israel, but if the US got involved they wouldn't have a chance, as this would be an out-and-out war as opposed to the type of war we're fighting today (i.e. against a particular group within countries)

And even if Nukes were involved, America and Israel would still win out, considering that America has many more Nukes than Pakistan, would not fire nukes first, and if Pakistan DID launch even a single nuclear weapon against any soil, the might of the entire free world would fall upon them.

• 1 decade ago

America can not support Israel against Turkey. Turkey in NATO but Israel not, so how could you thing that even possible...

there is no reason for such a war anyway. Turks helped jews when they need (2.world war) and Israel smart enough, they wont even think about attacking Turkey

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

If Israel didn't have nuclear weapons, I'm pretty sure every Muslim country would have invaded by now.

But Turkey would win definately, but at massive loss.

There's like 60,000,000 people living in Turkey. 5-6x bigger than Israels population.

If Pakistan (they have nuclear weapons and there's 200million Pakistani's) & Iran allied with Turkey, they would win again the USA and Israel.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Israel

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Turkey - just because I like turkey meat.

But talking about weapons, then of course Israel. They've had much more experiences according to their history.

• Israel has America in their pocket, they'd own Turkey after a lot of to and fro. Lets hope it doesn't happen.

• 1 decade ago

As usual I have to pose the question, define "win"? What is the objective? What constitutes victory?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.