Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Don't you find it odd the similarities between the two?

Don't you notice that when a egotistical person becomes powerful that they instate rules that force people to respect their judgments and obey everything they say. Amazing enough the bible requires that too. So it is therefore true that dictators generally require people to obey and respect their rules, from the people, and the bible shares that similarity by god requiring the people to obey and respect him. Also do note that anyone who questions the dictator is dead.

In my head, from looking at these similarities it looks as though religion was simply a tool used by dictators to keep people in place. Do note as well that dictators who were not religious used the idea of religion to scare the people, so in my eyes religion and the idea of religion is used simply as a scare tactic to enforce the dictators laws.

Also by making comparisons to dictators like Stalin, who forced people to go to Siberia if they didn't do as they were told, god makes the same actions by sending people to hell. Almost like hell is a concentration camp for the "misfit toys."

Is it just me, or is religion more than moral code, and instead an idea used to keep society as a mental slave, under the ruler. I mean with the idea of religion it is so easy to control people. All the church had to do back in the past was say it was the work of the devil, and the man accused of the crime would die, now adays people don't believe in that crap and so they demand proof and so the old ways of devil blaming are transparent and so it isn't so easy to control people now because they don't think that religion or god has any more ties to our world anymore.

*Sure there are plenty of religious people, but they have logical confines and don't believe that spirits roam this world, so the fear generated from that idea is no longer controlling the people who don't believe in ghosties.

Update:

Joel V.: defition of dictatorship is anything that has complete and total control over private and public life. god has that power doesn't he? Isn't religion used to control private peoples thoughts and make them feel guilty and do as the priest tells them to do?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

"Is it just me, or is religion more than moral code, and instead an idea used to keep society as a mental slave, under the ruler."

This is well known among the wise...

It's all just superstitious nonsense devised to control-manage the peasants so they don't kill us in our beds while we sleep.

Our safety and security depends entirely on the fantasies of peasants and on their being TOOO afraid of hell to do us any ill... scary isn't it ?

Let’s hope they NEVER wake up.

Seneca: Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful.

~

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I agree that religion was created by men to 'control' the masses. It was necessary in the ancient world - society was not civilized then. I also agree that religion is not necessary in today's society, as we now have civilized law. However, I don't believe that "dictators generally require people to obey and respect their rules, from the people, and the bible shares that similarity by god requiring the people to obey and respect him". In the military, all soldiers are under the highest commander successively and do not question his orders. People accept this without hesitation. Why then, do people not accept the hierarchy of God?

The Bible is God's Word in written form. God is the Creator. He is the Almighty. If you are a non-believer, that is your prerogative as a human. There are believers who are NOT religious and accept God for who He is. I am a believer and I also know that there are "spirits" roaming the world, or "ghosties" as you call them. Some of us who believe in God certainly are not 'logically confined'.

"Even the demons believe - and shudder".

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Well put.

But do you think people as a whole are ready to accept a world without this willingly self-inflicted restraint on their looser and baser morals?

Have we evolved enough to do away with the Bible altogether without risking total anarchy?

I'm not so sure.

According to some of the answers I have received in the past to similar questions, there are those who feel that, without the Bible's moral influence restraining them, they would have no reason NOT to go out in the world raping, pillaging, and murdering all in their path.

THAT'S how much the Bible has deluded them.

And that's a pretty disturbing thought in and of itself..

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I long for the day when men turn away from invisible monsters and once more embrace a more rational view of the world. But these new religions are so convenient - and promise such terrible punishment should one reject them - I worry that fear shall keep us stuck to what is surely the greatest lie ever told

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    5 years ago

visit the library and seem up some texts on historical Egyptian deities. The Egyptians tell a distinctive tale and that i might project to declare that the classic Egyptians are those we could consistently be turning to for documents on their lifestyle and ideology. Horus became born while the Goddess Isis mated along with her ineffective and reassembled husband Osiris. And in user-friendly terms for documents sake she might desire to no longer locate his penis so made him considered one of gold. That Goddess gave in user-friendly terms the superb!

• Joel V
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

There is a difference; a dictator ship is run by a single, imperfect person. In order for an imperfect person to rule his people properly, he needs to have checks and balances in place(which are absent in a dictatorship) in order to keep him from abusing his power.

However, God is perfect: how can someone come up to God and say that He isn't ruling His people correctly? God doesn't need the input of people to run His kingdom properly. As a perfect being, He is bound by His own perfection to rule His kingdom in the proper manner.

• 1 decade ago

so, what's your conclusion? who does the imitation? and if God's holy Words is not given to us, how cn we decide which is wrong and which is right? to give example if th government do not put a speed limit sing can a driver he/she is speeding?

Pro 14:12 There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

Source(s): KJVR/HWOGod. Amen.
  • 1 decade ago

hitler would of never gained the power that he had over the people if not for the "Invisible "World" of demons" (demons being the angels that were kicked out of Heaven---they Hate our Guts (all Human Beings).

Religions are the Opiates of the peoples.

"Fear" of death can be used to "Controll Human Beings".

Jesus Christ Sets Human Beings "FREE" of "Fear". (all kinds of fear)

After all, when you KNOW WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO YOU after you die,IF you Accept Jesus as your Saviour----befor you die, then you will have no fear of death.

And death will have no hold on you what-so-ever (in this Life on the Earth) no more----- after that.

Jesus Is Lord

• LR
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Religion is what keeps the poor from murdering the rich. -- Napoleon Bonaparte

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

god tells you that stuff because he cares for you in the beginning man messed up and is now living out the punishment of our sin(Adam and Eve) but god does not want us to fall to the devil he is a bad thing not just some folly i think it is better to be with god, who said god had an ego he is god not man?????

Source(s): a fool finds not pleasure in understanding but delights in airing his own opinions proverbs 18:2
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.