Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

how long does it take to know if your pregnant?

I had sex on Nov. 2rd, took a test on the 29th because i was supposed to start on the 25 and didn't. the test came out negative, but i was thinking it could be too early?..It is now dec. 10th and i still havent started.? I have been on birth control but in the past 4 months or so haven't taken it regularly.

also, what signs could there be this early?.Thanks!

Additional Details

If this helps we didnt use any other type of protection(stupid, yes i know).. and i looked it up online and it said "pre-***" can also impregnate you?

• Favorite Answer

That could be too early, but it really depends on how strong the pregnancy hormone is at that time.

For me, I tested the day of my expected period and had an immediate positive. Others will get a negative, test again in a week, and it'll be positive.

Because of your details, I would test again anytime now. If it comes up negative then I wouldn't worry about it unless you don't get your period within the next couple of days! In that case check with your doctor. =)

You usually won't have any feeling until at least three or four weeks after your last period. Right after you have sex, you aren't pregnant yet. Sperm can live in you for days and wait for you to ovulate so they can join with an egg. Then if an embryo is formed, it has to implant and that takes several days.

Your nausea and bloatedness was probably just from excitement after what you and your boyfriend did. If you are pregnant, your stomach doesn't start to feel bloated for a much longer time, and it takes a month or so before most women are nauseated too. The first sign is often breast changes or weepiness, but you really never know until you miss your period or take a pregnancy test right before you expect it. You can get a good digital one now that'll tell you several days before you miss it.

7 or 8 wks here & that was by a lab test my hcg was 2 low 4 home pregnancy test

2-3 weeks generally, although for some women it takes a little longer.. you should know within 4 though.

Now would be a good time,

or if you can wait id would wait til right after but right before new years

for the best answer.

if it is not showing up in tests and periods are also not coming take a blood test and see. you will get all info about early pregnancy symptoms at http://www.easyninemonths.com/pregnancy_symptoms.h...

Take another test

Take another test, it would give you an accurate result by now.

Unbelievable.