Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetSecurity · 1 decade ago

Cannot Log onto any Secure Sites? Please Help?

Hi. I can't seem to be able to log onto facebook or email. It shows that this site is untrusted?? Can anyone help? I do not think it is a virus, but I think my security may be down? Thanks in advance.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

IE (pre-8): Go to the site first> Tools> Internet options> Security> tick the 'Trusted' icon> Sites> Add> ok> out

Note this setting may permit undesirable 'Active scripting' or other server based action: use with caution, especially if you have 'Active content' allowed.

Again, supplemental blockers, in browsers mainly, may have to be muted, or 'site allowed'.

Stop undesirable advertising:

INTERNET EXPLORER: Tools> Internet Options> Privacy> Advanced:

here check 'Override automatic....'; 'Allow session cookies'; 'Allow 1st party cookies' & **'Block 3rd Party Cookies'**.

IE 8:

Go to the site needing approval & copy the URL from address bar, then:

Tools> Internet Options> Privacy> Sites> paste that URL into top line> Allow> OK> OK.

The "Pop-up Blocker" may also need to be modified to accommodate the site.

Tools> Internet Options> Pop up blocker heading> Settings> again, paste that URL into the slot> Close> OK.

General cookie settings should be:

Tools> Internet Options> Privacy> Advanced: tick "Override..."; Allow 1st party cookies; Allow session Cookies & BLOCK 3rd Party cookies> OK> OK.

• 1 decade ago

The security in most web browsers in in-built, as well as the standalone security programs checking. Your standalone may be the cause, try turning it on if it's off, or off if it's on. Then if you get into the webpage, you can just reverse what you did.

Usually when it tells you that it's not secure there is a button that says; "Continue anyway".

If there really isn't any way you can do it, I think a new web browser would be good. (The ones I know of are; IE, Mozilla, Opera and Chrome)

• 5 years ago

Yahoo! would not, it incredibly is basically requirement is that the password have a minimum of 6 characters. that's the main uncomplicated requirement for guard web pages. additionally, you may attempt to make up one password it incredibly is 12 characters long and incorporates a minimum of three numders (canclecodeyellow234 e.g.).

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

well i've run into this problem before but if you look at the very bottom of the screen it should say something like if you trust this site press here! if it doesn't say anything like that then i don't know what to tell you buddy!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

cookies save login information and java script is on 90% of websites, so make sure you have javascript allowed

• 1 decade ago

clear your cache if you dont know how search it on google..then if that doesnt work run your antivirus software.if you dont have antivirus download a free one on download.com good luck hun

• 1 decade ago

Tools, internet options, security, change to low. 10 pts!

• 1 decade ago

allow cookies

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Tell your computer to stop being a *****.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.