Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Bob asked in Arts & HumanitiesPhilosophy · 1 decade ago

Is life just naturally hard or do people make it hard for themselves and others?

I think its usually due to ourselves.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

people just make it harder for themselves

• ?
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Well we might note with some certainty that life is antagonistic, aside from it being featured with people. Even the stars face this antagonism: there exists stars ever undergoing mergers with and acquisitions of one another -- untold billions of stars as they are. They wax, they wane, now skirt around, now scoot and shoot one another as if appearing to either devour or disrupt or explode one another. And there shows a precision in this habit endemic to stars, with all the many sizes and degrees of heat and gravity and magnetism. It were as if -- and probably is -- one tagged for every one person on earth at least; each star bearing its own trajectory, it own script, its own peculiar nature. And I suppose if science observers were amply enlightened, that they could make what is only apparent now evident, and which can be supposed astronomers would be as apprised of stars as zoologists are of the varied peculiarities and behaviors of animals in the wilds.

But no less, of ours -- of life -- we can all agree that there exists levels and degrees of difficulty and not somewhat can one readily, say, point to theses varying levels and degrees as ones of ease. Yet one would be fair to say that those who bear a measure of control of their respective lives, or universes, say, to an order of 75% to 80% proficiency and will demonstrate that they can sustain this range over vast periods of time and space, I believe they are a fortunate if not masterful lot of people. But there can never be a 100%; for such is not tenable, not even possible; this, true and applicable of even sages.

And so otherwise, "Anpadh" above I think has it just about right. In our very natures is this selfsame characteristic as appears in our 'better' portion, the universe itself, of which is the very fabric, like the stars, we are made, and which we have no alternative but to act out as physical beings with deft exactitude.

• Anpadh
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Life is like a good erection. It is naturally hard. And people like to make it harder for themselves and for others.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

life is an experience

how its experienced

is a choice

a choice we ALL make

most make life more difficult for themselves

it seems as though they do this very naturally

((grins))

• E P
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

"Bad things happen to good people." "Bad company corrupts good morals." In other words, I think each part of your question is "equally true."

Because we live in relationship to one another and have little control outside of ourselves, it becomes our job to be selective about our life's choices.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It doesn't need to be hard but unfortunately simplicity teaches not, so we need the difficult lessons for growth.

Love and blessings Don

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It's hard.

You can be more logical, and you can bypass other people's idiocy. So no need to have it be more hard.

But even without that, it's real hard.

Source(s): Life 101
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.