Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareDesktops · 1 decade ago

How fast can my RAM go on a T6412?

hey guys, so i have 1GB of RAM on my eMachines T6412 (yes, it's old) and it seems to be clocking it as a mere DDR333 but the RAM is DDR400. any ideas on how to work with this? should i just get some more RAM or what?

Update:

i did upgrade the RAM but i just checked both of them recently and both sticks were PC3200 (or DDR400)

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Tater
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

This machine is PC3200 capable. I would guess one of the sticks you are using is not. In my experience, it is not worth the money to upgrade DDR RAM speed. Quantity is more important that the speed of the memory.

• ?
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Mmm you probably have 2 Different stix of DDR Ram in your machine did you recently do an upgrade and add more ram in it. If not the Factory Stock ram is probably set to autoClock for Compatibilities meaning that unless you manually change it it wil probably always run at 333. Your not missing anything moving it up to 400.. your talking a 5% increase if that... Your bottleneck is...

It's an Emachine....

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.