funkaspuck asked in PetsCats · 1 decade ago

My cat is sick...with the following symptoms?

My female siamese cat who is 5 months old just had a coughing spell and/or dry heave and then she had explosive diaheria on the floor as she was coughing/dry heaving. She always uses the litter box and this has never happened before. When I went to pick her up she temporarily weezed and seemed like she had difficulty breathing, this lasted about 4 or 5 minutes and then it stopped. She seems fine now but her "sickness" came out of nowhere. What should I do? Does she need to go the the vet? Thank You

Favorite Answer

Cats can have strange episodes. It's possible something was in her airway that was irritating it, like hair, and the violent coughing caused the diarrhea. Or the diarrhea could have been an unrelated coincidence. I'd keep a close eye on her and, because of the diarrhea, try feeding her something very tummy friendly in the morning. Some possibilities are boiled rice with some canned tuna mixed in, an egg scrambled in the microwave, or some plain white meat chicken with skin pulled off (or any combo). Don't give her too much, because her intestines are clearly irritated a bit and too little food is better than too much.

The only thing I might consider is getting an appointment at your vet or another one for tomorrow afternoon or Saturday. I don't think you'll need it, but with a weekend coming up, if she gets much sicker for some reason on Saturday and you can't find an open vet, you might be stuck with an emergency one. You can always cancel it, but if the symptoms do return, it's better to have that option. Honestly, though, I'm guessing she'll be fine.

Yes she should go to the vet. The symptoms could be worms. Did she have any in her stool? If she has not been already she should be dewormed. And when you go to the vet I would recommend getting a stool sample.

Yes you need to get your cat to the vet asap!

you cant do anything so take to the vet ok