Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

My dog's skin is all red underneath...what's wrong?

My dog sits in a kennel while we're at work in the garage because she's too wild for the house when we're not there. I give her a small low watt space heater while we're gone and she has a down blanket we recently put in there. Could either of these be causing the irritation?

The red spot is very specific. It starts suddenly around her chest, is under both front legs (her pits) and then stops at her belly. Anyone know?

Further, she doesn't seem affected in any way by this and doesn't even care if we mess with it...

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Does she have fleas? What food are you feeding? Any sudden changes in food? You need to look at all of these things. Go to your local petco or petsmart and get some Blue Buffalo dog food. Treat her for fleas. I would try that before you took her to the vet. Good Luck!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

My dog has the same thing. We are working with the vet on issues around it being an allergy.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.