Is it "appropriate" for a 13/14 year-old to say this?

I am working on a book and the characters are 14 and (I'm 14, by the way) and Is it okay to say this words:

Screw you (I've said screw this but to a friend my age, never to a parent though)

(This is okay, I almost know... but oh well) sphyco path

Slut (to another student, said it before to my mom... Not TO my mom, in front........ Abouth an outsit on tv, and about Fergie)

Be-otch (My friends and I joke about it, but for people that don't kid like that, would they stop reading the book?)

And if you think of others like this and stuf... say so...

- Meghan

• Favorite Answer

A thought those were pussy words when I was 6.

work harder.

• renner

Screw you- ok

Sphyco path- no, because it should be "psychopath" (maybe without a space... I'm not sure)

Slut- ok

Be-otch- ok

I think bad words are ok in books, if you use them appropriately. Don't go dropping the F-bomb every two sentences because it will get very annoying to read after a while, but there's nothing wrong with saying bad words, as you will learn in the future. It's HOW, WHY, and WHO you say them to that matters. Good luck with the book!

haha i have said all of this. I'm 13. Trust me, I've said a lot worse. Screw You isn't bad at all. And psychopath is a real word for someone that has problems, it isn't nice but it isn't that bad. Slut isn't bad, but if you want to say somethign a little nicer, Skank isn't considered as bad (at least by my mom). And Biotch (how you would normally spell it, shoot i just realized yahoo blocks it that way, but it is normally spelled b.i.o.t.c.h) is okay, too. Don't cover the book in these words, but one or two of each won't make people stop reading.

• Kayley

LOL I am like 13 and in my class we say stuff worse than that

the most common word in my class would have to be fat

other common words

crap

gay

lesbien

Shut up

a kid in my class named damien called a girl

A Bi

Ho

A**

Slut

Hore

Biotch without the o

out of class it is like where all the boys cuss their heads off

so yeah it is fine most of the people i know my age are worse than that

I've said worse when I was in the 3rd grade, besides I use much worse language, I don't use the N Word though.

Um this is like baby talk if you compare it to what kids say at my school. We're 13/14 too.

Today, if a SIX year old says those words, they'll get their laptop and cellphone takin' away.

seriously our generation is doing downhil.

but it seems fine.

It depends who's reading the story. If it's and adult i wouldn't write that stuff. If it is a kid it's okay.

i said way worse things when i was 6

• ?

nah its aight im 14 too and trust me.....them kinda words aint got nuthin on me..o_O