Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Is it "appropriate" for a 13/14 year-old to say this?

I am working on a book and the characters are 14 and (I'm 14, by the way) and Is it okay to say this words:

Screw you (I've said screw this but to a friend my age, never to a parent though)

(This is okay, I almost know... but oh well) sphyco path

Slut (to another student, said it before to my mom... Not TO my mom, in front........ Abouth an outsit on tv, and about Fergie)

Be-otch (My friends and I joke about it, but for people that don't kid like that, would they stop reading the book?)

And if you think of others like this and stuf... say so...

- Meghan

18 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

A thought those were pussy words when I was 6.

work harder.

• renner
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Screw you- ok

Sphyco path- no, because it should be "psychopath" (maybe without a space... I'm not sure)

Slut- ok

Be-otch- ok

I think bad words are ok in books, if you use them appropriately. Don't go dropping the F-bomb every two sentences because it will get very annoying to read after a while, but there's nothing wrong with saying bad words, as you will learn in the future. It's HOW, WHY, and WHO you say them to that matters. Good luck with the book!

• 1 decade ago

haha i have said all of this. I'm 13. Trust me, I've said a lot worse. Screw You isn't bad at all. And psychopath is a real word for someone that has problems, it isn't nice but it isn't that bad. Slut isn't bad, but if you want to say somethign a little nicer, Skank isn't considered as bad (at least by my mom). And Biotch (how you would normally spell it, shoot i just realized yahoo blocks it that way, but it is normally spelled b.i.o.t.c.h) is okay, too. Don't cover the book in these words, but one or two of each won't make people stop reading.

• Kayley
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

LOL I am like 13 and in my class we say stuff worse than that

the most common word in my class would have to be fat

other common words

crap

gay

lesbien

Shut up

a kid in my class named damien called a girl

A Bi

Ho

A**

Slut

Biotch without the o

out of class it is like where all the boys cuss their heads off

so yeah it is fine most of the people i know my age are worse than that

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

I've said worse when I was in the 3rd grade, besides I use much worse language, I don't use the N Word though.

• 1 decade ago

Um this is like baby talk if you compare it to what kids say at my school. We're 13/14 too.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Today, if a SIX year old says those words, they'll get their laptop and cellphone takin' away.

seriously our generation is doing downhil.

but it seems fine.

• 1 decade ago

It depends who's reading the story. If it's and adult i wouldn't write that stuff. If it is a kid it's okay.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

i said way worse things when i was 6

• ?
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

nah its aight im 14 too and trust me.....them kinda words aint got nuthin on me..o_O

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.