Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationCar Audio · 1 decade ago

add 6x9s or upgrade my stock speakers?

i have a sub but my friend is giving me a 300 watt amp im wondering if i should buy 6x9s maybe 4 50-70 watt ones or upgrade the speakers in my car i think they are 5" rounds there would be 4 of those same 50-70 watts thanks

Favorite Answer

Depends what u want- other people to hear the music or you.

I'd keep the sub and buy some quality front speakers which will provide YOU with beautiful acoustics and the sub will fill in for the lack of rear speakers. The amp should power both. Now wiring is where it will get tricky so do your research. I could go on for hours on wiring. Crutchfield is a good site for education purposes and the techs there are great. If u run the sub be sure to get bass blockers for the fronts, or if powered by the amp, trun the crossover up to say 300Hz so u don;t get that crappy bass fill sound from other speakers aside form the sub which will provide the depth of teh music u need in the bass.

if u improve ur indoors audio gadget an upload an 4 channel amp it is going to sound greater valuable if u have solid indoors audio gadget already den u would desire to in basic terms upload a 12 an an amp. I honestly have an 03 impala an i basically upgraded all my audio gadget an upload 2 12s it sounds super an da bass is amazin