sslack asked in Consumer ElectronicsCameras · 1 decade ago

Camera memory chip doesn't work.?

When I put it into my hard drive, nothing pops up on the computer screen. It is unlocked. It is a Lexar 4GB SDHC. My other chip worked fine. PLEASE HELP ME!

• ERIC

it's likely that you're using a card reader that is not compatable with SDHC.

There are 2 different standards SD and SDHC. (HC stands for High Capacity)

SD cards are 2GB and Smaller.

If your card is larger than 2GB, then an SD card reader will not recognize the media.

If your previous card, which was recognized by your computer, was smaller than 2gb, then I would bet that you have an SD Card Reader, and it won't work with your 4GB card (because it is SDHC)

Check your card reader for compatibility with SDHC.

If it's not, any new card reader will be compatible with SDHC.

(They are the same shape and physical dimensions...the only difference is the capacity)