Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOther - Health · 1 decade ago

cracking knuckles and other joints?

i know cracking knuckles is bad, ive been doing it since i was 6 or 7. how can i stop? is there a way to make my knuckles smaller?

and i crack just about every joint in my body: neck, back, elbow, wrist, hips, knees, ankles, toes.

i do it on purpose its not accident

are cracking those things bad for u? and if i keep doing it, over time what will happen?

and i cant stop because if i go a day without cracking something, the joint will tickle or tingle and it will annoy me until i crack it. how can i stop?

thanks

Favorite Answer

It isn’t bad for you and nothing will happen. I’m 49 years old and have done it all my life. As time goes on you just seem to do it less and less, but I still do it several times a week somewhere in my body. I know the feeling you’re talking about and cracking it the only way to relive it. My mother still does it too – nothing has happened to her either.

Thats strange. Every now and then I crack my knees and my knuckles. but if you keep cracking ur knuckles it will make them swell up cuase there is like fluid in them that makes them swell up. I wouldnt advise doing that every day.

• Catt

Your joints have small "sac's" of fluid, which is the popping sound, long term doing so can lead to alot of things but mostly arthritis, which is going to be quite painful. Had the habit myself, and not really sure how I stopped, i guess I just got bored with it.