Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

MilSo
Lv 4
MilSo asked in HealthGeneral Health CareInjuries · 1 decade ago

im pretty sure i sprained my foot...?

i can not walk on it at all. i tried wearing an ace bandage and it did nothing at all. it still hurt just the same when i walked. my foot isnt swollen or bruised or anything and it doesnt hurt when i move it or touch it. but when i stand or walk its like a sharp pain and i nearly fall over. its on the outside side of my left foot. any idea if it is a sprain or not?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

A sprain is an injury of the tendons or ligaments in a joint, there are tendons on the top of your foot so it possible to sprain a foot. If you have a sprain though it hurts to move the joint, both actively and passively (moving it normally vs. moving it with your hands while the muscles are relaxed). Sprains also typically involve noticeable swelling. If it doesn't hurt to move its not a sprain. A fracture or bone bruise are possibilities. Try alternating ice and heat for awhile and if it doesn't go away go see a doc.

Source(s): I'm certified in first aid.
  • 1 decade ago

To be honest, I'm not sure you can sprain your foot. The only thing I've heard of spraining are joints (wrist, ankle, shoulder, etc) However, it could be a fracture, a real break, or just a bone bruise. Go into the doctor.

• KitKat
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

no problem -treat the pain, avoid weight bearing, keep it elevated, and follow up with your orthopedist.

• 1 decade ago

just twisted it. have some one pull on it and pop it in or get to the doctor and get an x-ray.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

not sure, maybe you need arch support?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.