Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

How do you say "your" in Japanese?

When expressing ownership., what is the Japanese word?

I tried looking it up and it said "goshujin".. but I'm not sure, because the main usage of goshujin is "husband".

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

You can use "anata no (something)", "o-mae no (something)", "kimi no (something)", and think there are others. Just note that o-mae and kimi are not very polite (I've even heard that anata is only slightly polite). In natural Japanese though, people may leave these out, because the ownership is usually understood.

Similar to how you might say "Kore wa?" and because of the different words you can put after, it means different things, but people will know what you mean because of the context. ("Kore wa ikura desu ka?" - How much is this?, "Kore wa nan desu ka?" - What is this? etc.)

• Belie
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Anata no.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.