Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Can Children Enter The Dark Path, to Hell?

Can kids under the age of 18 years young be counted a "criminal" or "sinner" or "a possibility of hell"? In human terms, can children go to hell under the age of 18 years young? I do not think God will allow Satan to accept children under the age of 18 years young in his presents. If children do not believe and die before they reach their 18 years young birthday, can they go to hell? Or do they still glide upward to Heaven, also known as "Home"?

Favorite Answer

Every person is born on the broad way to destruction or Hell.

Psalms 51:5 Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity, And in sin my mother conceived me.

Now does that mean that a 4 year old child who has not been born again by the Holy Spirit and dies in a car accident is destined to go to Hell.

18 years is the age of becoming and adult in the USA. But God let all of the people who were 20 or could under enter the promised land.

Deuteronomy 1:37 The LORD was also angry with me for your sakes, saying, 'Even you shall not go in there. 38 Joshua the son of Nun, who stands before you, he shall go in there. Encourage him, for he shall cause Israel to inherit it. 39 'Moreover your little ones and your children, who you say will be victims, who today have no knowledge of good and evil, they shall go in there; to them I will give it, and they shall possess it.

So there is the concept of reaching an age where you become responsible for your sins and have to pay the penalty for them. But God is a just God and it seems like He doesn't condemn people who are too young or maybe have a mental deficiency to Hell but that because of His graceful love for all His creatures, He allows people like that to go to Heaven.

• Amy

I'm curious as to why you pick 18 as the arbitrary end of adulthood. Extended childhood is a modern concept. In Biblical times 13 was the age of reason and adulthood. Some consider 7 or 8 to be old enough to understand what accepting Christ is. This is why children are confirmed (in the faith) in 3rd grade.

I don't believe in the typical Christian concept of hell nor do I think that God interferes in the affairs of humans any more than we pay attention to the daily lives of the cells of our body. That said, according to Christian tradition (I used to be a practicing Christian.) if they do not believe they face the same fate as any other non-believer.

So the short answer is yes, they can.

• I'd like to think that children don't get sent to Hell, even if they don't believe in God. But, as religion classes have taught me, the "Age of Innocence" of childhood ends at around seven or eight years old way the external influences of the world start to seep in and the child begins to develop his/her own thoughts. So, I don't think the age timeline from birth to eighteen years old counts. I'm not sure if God places the same importance on being an adult at 18 as humans do. So, I'd think that once a child begins to think for his/herself and starts to develop his/her own faith, they are on their own, so to speak.

there is an age of accountability. and by the way we are all sinners. im 14 so if i die i am accountable for myself but for example in a kid that died who was 6, he would automatically go straight to heaven

What is 18 got to do with it? You should know that any TEENAGER (13-19) knows everything, so they are then accountable for their unbelief.

BABIES go to heaven.. Just figure out what a baby is. 12 perhaps..

Well my mother always told me that the cut off age was 12. After that, you're fair game. I don't know where she got that number from, but she forced me to get baptised before my 12th birthday so I suppose she's pretty sure about it. But she's a psycho (when it comes to religion anyway) so who knows.

there is an age of accountability we do not know the age but we believe its about 6 -10

in the bible, children were also killed when a rogue city was destroyed. there was a reason for that. i'v also heard that after age 7, god holds us accountable for our actions. as parents, we are entrusted to raise up our children the way they should go, so if you want your household saved, it's your responsibility to teach your children about god and salvation. in the end, god knows and will judge every single person. thank him for that. we the people cannot answer that for you

if you believe in Hell, then shouldn't that rule apply to everyone, regardless of age, race, gender, etc.

Personally, I don't believe Heaven, I believe in reincarnation and karma. If you did something bad, you should pay for it, whether it's in this life or in the next.

im 16 years nearly 17 years old and i belive that people my age can go 2 hell i my self want to go to hell because that is my "home"

Source(s): my religon