IF I get this grade on my final what grade will I get in the class?

Hey guys I wwas wondering If anyone was good at figuring these out.

Marine Science: I have a 76 in the class, and I want an 80. If the final is 10 percent of the grade, what percent do I need to get an 80?

Theology: I have a 77 and I want an 80 in the class. If the final is is 20 percent of the grade, what percent do I need to get an 80?

THANKS!!!

Favorite Answer

ummm im not 100% sure that i did it correctly for you first class you would have to get a 116% on the final =/ and in your other class i got that you would have to get at least a 92%

what i did to get those was ---- where x is = the grade you need to get on final (incase someone whats to see if i did it the right way

(.9)(76) + .1x = 80

68.4 + .1x = 80

.1x = 11.6

x = 116

and for the second one:

(.8)(77) + .2x= 80

61.6+.2x = 80

.2x = 18.4

x = 92

anyways good luck with your finals!

116 because 76(90%) + x(.1) = 80