1. name the countries of Western Europe:
2. name the countries of Eastern Europe
Kosovo (not recognized by all countries)
3. what are the Nordic Countries?
The Nordic Countries make up the northern countries of Europe, and is sometimes used as a synonym for Scandinavia:
Norway (including Svalbard)
Finland (including Aland Islands)
Denmark (including Greenland, Faroe Islands)
4. what is geothermal energy? which countries use it and why?
Geothermal energy is the energy gained from the heat in the ground. For instance, you could use it to heat the water in your house.
The countries that generated over 15% of their electricity by geothermal resources:
5. list the main languages found throughout Europe:
6. what are the main religions found in Europe?
Minorities: Sunni Islam, Shia Islam, Judaism, Buddhism
7. list the largest cities in Europe by population
8. what is the European Union?
The European Union (EU) is an economic and political union of 27 member states, located primarily in Europe.
9. what is their common currency?
The Euro (1 euro is approximately 1,50$)
10. what are some major industries found in europe?
Europe also has a thriving manufacturing sector, with a large part of the world's industrial production taking place in Europe. The main products in European industry are automobiles, chemical goods, food, clothing and electronics.
11. define "standard of living" in eastern europe.
Standard of living in Eastern Europe is quite lower than in Western Europe. The income per person is lower, and the quality of education and health services is lower too. The living standard in Western Europe is comparable to the American.
· 10 years ago