Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 1 decade ago

Did the Nobel Prize lose all of its credibility after having been awarded to Obama?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Obama got his award:

"for his extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples"

Thats what i found in another website and all i can say to that is B*LLSH*T!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

To people that are very left of the political spectrum it has not lost credibility but to everyone else its credibility has been gone for a long time due to selections such as former President Jimmy Carter and former Vice President and creator of the internet Al Gore.

• 1 decade ago

It lost credibility when Al Gore won. Irena Sendler saved millions of Jews from Nazi concentration camps, and Al Gore stole the Peace Prize from her.

• Truth
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

you got to think who this award is named after .. the guy who invented dynamite. something that is a main weapon in war. but i would say yes some . what has Obama did to be awarded for? The vote was like 2 days after he was elected .. and a year later he still has not did anything worth it .. unless you count doubling the national debt. or freeing thousands of terrorist to terrorize people again...

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

It did.Imagine getting an award for just being black.And it wasnt even the MOBOs.

• 1 decade ago

No. As Pepper said, it lost its credibility long before that.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

When Jimmy Carter won it. He thinks there is no such thing as evil .

• 1 decade ago

No, it lost all of its credibility when Al Gore received one; that elusive, climate change "warrior".

- Pepper.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.