Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Robbie asked in HealthOther - Health · 1 decade ago

When I'm in a car with leather i feel sick why?

Every time i get in a car with leather i get nautious and want to throw up, i dont feel like that in other cars without leather. I feel like i wanna throw up, i don't know why though.

Favorite Answer

its the smell! to fix crack the window

Could you be allergic to leather?

Is it a "fingerbails on the chalkboard" thing about the feel of leather? My Dad gets the fingernails on the chalboard thing from cotton balls.

• Van Bo

If it is when the car is in motion, it is often due to the little bit of extra sliding and motion that you do inside, thus is it motion sickness. That wouldn't apply to suede or fabric interiors. If just plain sitting, I wonder if it is the smell, or the tactile sense of feel.

Many people get sick when they are touching something dead of near a lot of death.

My uncle is huge on hunting and his entire house is filled with skins and such, but I have always felt sick going into his house. hope this helps explain things.