Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

What does it mean to be in a relationship?

i mean seriously, I most of the questions in this section of yahoo! answers fits into one of these 3 categories:

1) does he like me?

2) should I dump him?

3) sex

but what does it really mean to be in a working relationship. i am especially wondering what this means in highschool. what do you need to do to make a good clean relationship work? besides the kissing and holding hands, what do you remember from your first relationships?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

First, you have the right foundation. For religious people that has to be their religion (if you have different religions than you are going to have trouble later, like raising kids, inlaws, etc.). For non-religious people than the foundation is friendship. Friendship is extremely important no matter what your religious status is. If you have a healthy friendship than that will help start a healthy relationship.

You want to be with someone who has some of the same interest as you. HOWEVER! You probably don't want to be with someone who is a lot like you (there is a different between "interest" and "personality and habits") Someone who is a lot like you will have a lot of your character flaws that annoy you. The best person is someone who compliments you i.e. if you're good at history but bad at math than a person who is good at math but bad at history is a possibility. Being able to compliment each other helps tremendously.

Now, a relationship needs to be heading towards marriage. The whole point of a relationship is to become life long companions. A relationship is not just for the "benefits" such as feeling in love, kissing, hugging, sex, feeling good, etc. Those are for a committed, loving, dedicated relationship. The only way to prove commitment completely is marriage. That is one reason why it's necessary to save those things for marriage.

A relationship means work, a lot of work. Things are definitely not perfect all of the time. Actually, sometimes a relationship is more like being with a sibling rather than the love of your life. I'm not saying you don't have "love moments" or that they last a short period of time. I've been in love with my angel of a woman as long as I've known her, but there have been a few days that I haven't felt the love.

Now, to finally answer your question! A working relationship, even in high school, needs to have a clear purpose and direction (marriage). A relationship is a process that requires completion (also marriage). A relationship takes the determination to not give up in the hard times, and to always choose to love your partner, because sometimes you do have to choose to love somebody. You have to be caring and understand, supportive and kind, stubborn and patient. You have to put the other persons needs before your own. Selfishness and pride are two of the main reasons why relationships fail. You have to have open, honest communication, and A LOT of it! A healthy relationship can not survive without a large amount of communication. You have to learn to argue without hurting your partner. And there is a lot more. I'm just tired of typing ;)

I hope this answers your question! As you can see, a healthy relationship takes a lot. Know what you're getting into before you commit to a relationship.

Source(s): Being in a loving relationship with my Angel :) And a relationship with Jesus Christ, who taught me how to love.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Talking all the time. Able to put up with each other and find the arguments funny in the end, not irritating. Loving the small things each other does. Both wanting to kiss at the same time. Values aren't really an issue, but being on the same knowledge level helps, a lot. ( I can't stand dating a "brick" which is what I call dumb, big breasted, garden tools. They're too easy.) Respect for each others values, while you stand up for your own so the other can't just trample all over you, feel superior, get bored and leave. But also submit at times so you don't end up getting in a big, dumb argument

• 5 years ago

on the grounds that no longer something exists in finished isolation what distinction does it make? interior the Universe we inhabit we exist and define ourselves by way of interaction making it an significant element of such existence as we are able to recognize-how. As on your Zen questions, a million. sure, that there is not any longer at recent something on which to place in writing does no longer make a pencil no longer a writing enforce. 2. The sound of one hand clapping could be the air waves generated by way of the stream in simple terms like the sound of something.

• 1 decade ago

I remember losing my vaginity. If you need help with that let me know. Seriously to be in relationship mean your life is over and hell just started! Pimping one on one

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It's someone who's not only your boyfriend but your friend. Someone you can rely on and talk to about anything. Someone who's there for you and supports you and cares about you. A shoulder to cry on and someone to laugh with. Someone you have chemistry with and that after months of being together still can give you butterflies. hope this helped (:

• 1 decade ago

just having fun like going to the movies, out to eat, getting to know each other, but don't fall in love because others will come

• 1 decade ago

Butt love.

Enjoying each others company...Being great friends...Doing things together...Butt love.

A realtionship is basically just a more advanced form of friendship hence the butt love.

• 1 decade ago

Hey if its meant to be, its meant to be. Just go with the flow. dont think about it to much.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

2 or more people that work together

• 1 decade ago

If you let him finger you, you're in a relationship.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.