Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Need help Continuity and differentiability!!!!?

I need help this problem. Please help me

1.) Is f(x) differentiable at x=2? Why and why not

f(x)= {x+2, x<=2

{x^2 , x>2

2.)use the definition of continuity to determine whether or not the function is continuous at x=3

tHNKS SO MUCH !!!!

f(x)= { (x^2-9)/(x-3) , x is not 3

{ 2, X=3

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

1) Yes, because since its asking for the 2 sided limit (whether or not it is differentiable) in the first equation y = 4 and the second y = 4 also, and therefore it is differentiable.

2) I forgot about how to do this part.

Source(s): AP Calculus
  • ries
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

definite. Continuity potential that any decrease of the function is nicely attained on a closed era. Differentiability demands that the tangent at any ingredient of a non-end therapy be unique. An occasion of a non-end yet no longer differentiable curve is easily the cost function y=|x| on an era jointly with x=0. it is non-end because of fact the decrease as |x|->0 of y is fairly y(0), yet there is not any unique tangent--the slope at (0,0) i undefined and could formally take any value between -one million and +one million. by potential of how--sorry for the undesirable possibility answer. it is incredibly elementary to verify how I overcounted.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.