Is the baby mine ? "Expecting" father trying to figure out if i'm gonna be a daddy or if i'm being played?

My GF is expecting but i'm having doubts as to whether the child is mine or not. We slept together on the 5th of OCTOBER. We had sex again on the 14TH. That date she had her period. On the 20th she said she's pregnant. I took her to the clinic to confirm and yes ... SHE'S PREGNANT ! She complained of pain so we went to the ER on the 27TH. They did an ultr sound and it said she was 5 WEEKS 2 DAYS ( we slept together 3 WEEKS AGO) ! Two weeks later we went for another ultrasound and it said she was 7 WEEKS ( we had slept together 5 weeks prior at that point) ! So then on DECEMBER 2ND we went to an OB/GYN and the GYN said she's 10 WEEKS ! The GYN then said her due date is JUNE 24TH ! But that date means she'll be pregnant (based on from the time we slept together) for only 8 MONTHS !

When i did the math i figured she would give birth around mid/late july. The due date dosen't add up. I REALLY would like to understand what is going on. Do the docs simply add on two weeks or is my GF lying to me ?

Favorite Answer

I am a mother of 2 and pregnant with number 3. I would like to inform you that they do add two weeks to a womans pregnancy because for the first 2 weeks that your pregnant there is no fetus its still an embryo. the embryo doesn't actually turn into a fetus until 2 weeks after a woman has conceived... confusing I know.

Doctors mark the beginnin of a forty week pregnancy on the first day of your last menstrual period. Usually a woman ovulates (meaning an egg is released from the ovaries and can now be fertilized by your sperm) about two weeks following the beginning of her period. That means you had sex with your girlfriend around the time she was ovulating. Keep in mind also that even if you had sex a cuople days before or after ovulation your sperm can stillbe present in her body tofertilize eggs not yet released, likewise released eggs are still viable for fertilization for a few days after release. It sounds like the dates add up perfectly. You are about to be a daddy. Now would be a good time to start building a more trusting relationship with your girl as you are about to be a family. Congrats and good luck!

• ?

no longer a darn ingredient, even nonetheless i'm liking Johnny's Mommy's answer! My ex does not sense the could help help my daughter financially - so as that leaves me to furnish for the the two one persons all on my very own. because of the fact of that, I won't enable him use my bathing room (whats up, I pay the employ! LOL), no longer to show spend a cent on him for 'Father's Day'. What a father... I liked the %. of condoms thought too, yet i understand he'd under no circumstances use them - regardless of the undeniable fact that it is the thought that counts, precise?!

They always add 2 extra weeks prior to conception to account for the woman's last period. So the two ultrasounds are correct and in fact DO coincide with the dates you had sex.

If you're unsure though, a paternity test is the way to go. Good luck!!

They could be off on the due date. She could have slept with someone else though. So you're having a baby with this girl and you've only been dating since October? Or is she cheating on you? If she's cheating then get out of that relationship ASAP, take care of your kid though if the baby does turn out to be yours.

I have a 9 month old daughter and with my experience doctors are pretty on it, and if you already know that the dates don't add up, then im sorry to say but I don't think the baby is yours..did she have someone else she was sleeping with? or was it a pretty steady relationship? are you positive you didn't miss a date? and this is all just a miss understanding.. Make sure you really think it through before you accuse her of having another mans baby. if worse comes to worse you'll just have to wait and get a blood test to be 100% sure.... good luck buddy!

I conceived on September 15th, 2009 and my due date is June 22nd, 2010. I'm 12 weeks and 2 days today... You're not that babies daddy according to the information given.

there really is no way to tell when a person is actually due, the baby will come when it wants too. However, if it is bothering you this much, have a dna test when the baby is born to be 100% sure that it is in fact your baby. best of luck and i hope this helped a little. :)

due dates are an estimates. i doubt she's lying to you..but if in doubt they ahve over the counter dna tests that r cheap that you can do secretly when the child is born. There are alot of factors. please have faith in your gf. She needs you. you can be pissed later if there is proof. (if the home dna test says your not matched then get a doctor to do one before you start being over accusing) for now jsut hold her hand be there and think of that baby is yours.

They add two weeks because they are counting from the day of her last cycle, not the date of conception. If you really don't trust her get a paternity test.